Light-O-Rama Forums

Multiple E682's and Universes within LOR

stachows

I am not new to the E682's, and I know how to configure them, but I have managed to stump myself. I'm looking for help.

I now have (4) E682's I am trying to control from LOR, but let focus on the first 2 of them.

Configuration:

I have 2 E682's controlling 32 strings (50pixels/string). Each channel (1-16) on the Controllers are connected to 1 string of pixels for 32 total.

This works out to just over 5 universes on EACH of the E682 controllers.

The Controllers are using Unicast on a separate LAN.  Their IP address are 192.168.131.3 and 192.168.131.4.  Each controller is cabled into a 100Mb/ Switch which is then connected to a second NIC on my computer.  I can see and control each string/controller with Xlights perfectly.  NO ISSUES AT ALL.

My problem is trying to control them with LOR.

Please see the attached image of my network config.

The first controller works fine within LOR, but the second controller does light up at all.

In the SAN Devices configuration page each controller is configured to start with Universe 1 channel 1.  Since they are different IP's, I should be fine... Correct?

My test sequence is configured to use Universe 1-5 for Strings 1-16 and then Universe 6-10 for Strings17-32.

So why does LOR NOT control the second controller via Universe 6-10? What do I need to do differently?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott.

post-805-0-42527200-1413911568_thumb.jpg

You have both Controllers start  listening at Universe 1 ?

Your LOR network shows  Universe 1-5 being sent to  192.168.131.3   and Universe 6-10  192.168.131.4

So you should have the second controller set up for starting at universe 6     Even though your using unicast, the Universe number

is in the Data packet, so since your controller starts listening  at universe1, no lights come on because LOR is sending Universe 6-10

That should fix you up.

Tim

Hi Tim, Huge Thanks,

That got both my controllers for the MegaTree to work. 

I just played around a little more with the E682, and realized that I can set it to work with whatever Universe numbers I need.

I knew they are limited to only 12 universes, but just realized that they don't have to be universe 1-12.  You can set them up for universe 13-24, 25-36, etc....

This fixes all my issues.

Thanks!!!

Scott.

Edited by stachows

Glad you got it working.  Tim came up with the same answer I was going to give you.  Also note that the universes do not need to be in order.  You could have a E682 with universes 1, 17 139, 94, 32, 6, 11, 164.  Not that I can come up with ANY reason you would want to, but it will work just fine.

In order to keep your own sanity, I would suggest determining a plan that allows for expansion for your universes.  for example, my four E1.31 cards are as follows:

E6804 #1 - Universes 1 - 9 (although only 1 to 4 are planned)

E6804 #2 - Universe 10 (only has 17 pixels and will NEVER have anything else on it)

E682 #1 - Universes 11 - 20 (although only 11-16 are used)

E682 #2 - Universes 21 - 30 (although only 21 & 21 are used).

Note that the two E682s are Christmas / Halloween only, and the the two E6804s are used year round.

Jim, Tim, and Ron,

Thank you guys for Everything.  I am pretty good at this stuff, but once in a while I get stumped....

Thank you for ALL your help!!!

Scott.