Light-O-Rama Forums

What a addiction

rbauer007

What a addiction i keep telling my self its for the kids and to make people happy ---wow just cant stop buying stuff this is my first year with light o rama  48 channels / 32 for singing faces  was up to about 11 to 15000 lights then yesterday i found a guy on CL selling new boxes of lights. you should see all he has  in the storage ( think i just got my new light dealer) my fix for the day was 192 100ct blue and 50 boxes of 100ct red.-24200 lights  I invited over 50 friends to help sting lights on saturday hope someone comes and its not raining

Welcome to the madness!  Be sure that your new lights will work with your LOR controller. You certainly don't want to go to the effort to hang them to find out that they are not working right. Hopefully they aren't Martha Stuart lights as they do not play well. 

Have fund and make it a Merry Christmas!

I don't pretend it's for the kids or for the neighborhood, it's all for me. Very happy that others get a bit of joy out of it, but it's mine :)

• Like 2

Power provider is gonna love you.

Be sure to keep track of your watts and don't exceed channel limits.

Good luck.

... Be sure to keep track of your watts and don't exceed channel limits.

I think keeping tracks of amperage (Amps) is a bit more precise.  And keep in mind the 80% rule.

It's a good idea getting all those blues. If you only use one third of them, and then swap them out for new ones every ten days or so, you should get through the season.  ;)

Edited by George Simmons

you said change out  blue lights every 10 days -- why?

I think keeping tracks of amperage (Amps) is a bit more precise.  And keep in mind the 80% rule.

It's a good idea getting all those blues. If you only use one third of them, and then swap them out for new ones every ten days or so, you should get through the season.  ;)

What a addiction i keep telling my self its for the kids and to make people happy ---wow just cant stop buying stuff this is my first year with light o rama  48 channels / 32 for singing faces  was up to about 11 to 15000 lights then yesterday i found a guy on CL selling new boxes of lights. you should see all he has  in the storage ( think i just got my new light dealer) my fix for the day was 192 100ct blue and 50 boxes of 100ct red.-24200 lights  I invited over 50 friends to help sting lights on saturday hope someone comes and its not raining

90 cents a box is not a bad price, but I don't have the power to run incans. 

192 100 ct boxes... that is a lot of amps assuming c6 or c9.  I assume you have a bunch for backup. At 5 watts/bulb your looking at 4.2 amps per string. 

((5 * 100 ) / 120).  That means if you limit the load on a single circuit of your LOR controller to 8 amps you can only run one string (or 1.9 strings to be more precise; it figuring out how to do the .9 string that is the problem). 

Somebody double check my math.  I don't want to alarm anyone due to a math or facts error. 

What size bulb are the strings?

Edited by zeighty

you said change out  blue lights every 10 days -- why?

I don't know your level of experience, but I've known blue mini lights literally from the first time they were ever in stores up until I bought my first set of blue LEDs. We're talking about lights bought over a period of decades from almost every conceivable retailer. In all that time, I don't believe I've ever encountered a single string of blue minis used outdoors that was still blue enough at the end of the season to use the following year. Heck, most blues never even made it the entire season.

Unless great leaps have been made to a dying product, you're going to need as many blue replacements waiting in the wings as you can get.

90 cents a box is not a bad price, but I don't have the power to run incans. 

192 100 ct boxes... that is a lot of amps assuming c6 or c9.  I assume you have a bunch for backup. At 5 watts/bulb your looking at 4.2 amps per string. 

((5 * 100 ) / 120).  That means if you limit the load on a single circuit of your LOR controller to 8 amps you can only run one string (or 1.9 strings to be more precise; it figuring out how to do the .9 string that is the problem). 

Somebody double check my math.  I don't want to alarm anyone due to a math or facts error. 

What size bulb are the strings?

I'm assuming he's got mini's, not c7 or c9.  c7 and c9 come in 25ct.  I don't have any incad lights to look up the current draw, but I do know it's not as bad as the C series, but still needs to watch the current draw.

100ct incad's pull between .21amps and .33 amps.  Lowes changed their lights this year and increased the amperage draw :(