Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

LOR visualization plug-in for WMP

Guest guest

Merit wrote:

kmesolella wrote:
Can this be done in Visual Basic? I'm not very good, but I would also like to know how this was done. I do not have LOR, but I would like to do a similar thing for my programs.

It should be possible to implement a visualization in VB.NET or C# using the COM interop stuff. I started to do it but there's a lot of stuff that's really a lot easier if you don't have to worry about .NET and the CLR. You might want to try googleing for "VB media player visualization" or similar, I'm sure someone else has tried it.

I'm also not sure if you could get the performance from VB or .NET to keep the visuals synched, but it would certainly be worth a try.
I have Visual Basic 4.0. I will have to research it alot before I will know if this will work with my version.

Guest guest

Has anyone had any success getting this to work with the USB -> RS485 adapter? I've selected the right COM & device ID however nothing happens. LOR & LOR Hardware utility work OK. Now that I've got my hardware all setup I was hoping try this plugin out :)

I am using WMP 10.00.00.4036.

Dan

Guest guest

Dan yes I have the usb485b and have used the visualizer on both version 8 and 10 of windows media. If I member right you need to go into the visualizer settings and make sure your using the correct add-on. Then go into the LORvis settings and select the ammount of channels you will be controlling. You can only control one controller at a time unless you set all the controllers to share the same id #. Feel free to PM or email me for any help.

Guest guest

I started Mediaplayer up and it all just started working - cool! I'll have to look at this later tonight now :cool:

Guest guest

WOW .. now that is impressive ... I loaded it up, and connected eveything. it works great.

I have 16 channels.

now how about 160 Channels. Just kidding

this is great ...

Guest guest

Then I hooked up another 4 controllers, set the ID's the same .. WOW .. I am finished doing everything ... lets have Christmas tomorrow ...

Excellent work .

Guest guest

Merry Christmas!

Did anyone ever get LovisExpress to compile?

Jerry

Guest guest

OOO! another programming project for 2007! :]

Guest guest

Actually, I have climbed the steep steep curve far enough to have it working, modified to run 2 controllers on individual channels each changing the sequence slightly, pretty cool piece of software.

It is not for public release, that is up to Merit to make it a good program, mine is a hack to say the least.

Jerry

Guest guest

love it but can you use it with steaming music? I havent tryed upgrading wmp (running 9) but it will put up the station info is there a way to force it in to the vis.

another great program is disco litez but dose not support lor boards. if someone could make a plug in for it it would be 200 times better.

Guest guest

Many Thanks, The Plug in is asome!!! Worked fine out of the box. To bad I fould it after X-Mas. AI

Guest guest

I only have 8 channel controllers (actually D-Light, not LOR) and thought that 8 might not be very useful. But, once started on my #1 controller, I double clicked on the screen, changed the drop down to #2, clicked Apply and both controllers began working. Then I did #3 and #4. All four began responding to the visualization.

I downloaded the LORVis software to my HP laptop that I have the LOR software installed for my 8 channel controller.

I used the Hardware Utility for my controller to configure the serial connection. It used COMM9 for the controller, and my light program works perfectly through the LOR routine.

However, when I use Windows Media Player with the LORVis visualization set, it does not activate the controller to run the lights. I checked the setup on the screen in Windows Media, and noticed that the only comm ports available on HP laptop is 1 through 4. However, the controller is set up on Comm 9 (which I am using the USB adapter to run to the controller. So I assume that it is using the USB connection as a “virtual” comm port.

I tried to use the manual configuration in the Hardware Utility, but there are only two ports showing (3 and 9). The port 3 however is “assigned” to the x10 capability, so I get a conflict when I changed the controller to Comm 3.

Are you aware of this problem with the visualization, and do you know of a “solution” to assigning a comm port (1 through 4) on the HP laptop?

Thanks

Very very useful for party's, I plan on using it for this years Halloween party. Will just change all 4 controllers to node 1.
Sometimes I have to bring up LOR hardware utility to get the communications going, I then run WMP then it picks up.

Thank you Merit, for spending the time to build this. Most awesome

It's actually pretty hard to get it to look good based on the frequency spectrum and waveform of the music (which is all you get) so its certainly not something you would use for a display, but its kind of fun to have your whole room lighting up with your music.

It works great for shows. I like to set each channel for a 50Hz spread at about 1400 Hz spread from each channel in frequency at peak. Able to get some nice snap to each channel with most music.

Thanks again.

Paul C wrote:

Very very useful for party's, I plan on using it for this years Halloween party. Will just change all 4 controllers to node 1.
Sometimes I have to bring up LOR hardware utility to get the communications going, I then run WMP then it picks up.

Thank you Merit, for spending the time to build this. Most awesome

Definitely wins oldest thread revival of the week award. :shock:

112373d1191614304-look-wat-what-came-in-the-mail-holy-thread-revival-batman.jpg

Back in the day when this thread was started, gasoline prices averaged $2.33 per gallon. :) The good ol' days.