Light-O-Rama Forums

2014 Halloween Lights Giant 25' Spiderweb and our Round House

Bjmca

http://youtu.be/Ma_1ivo40ZM

Here is a video of one of our shows for this year. We will run every Friday and Saturday in October. Over 550' of rope light makes up the 8 channel spiderweb. 64 regular LOR Channels, 3 sets of Cosmic Color Pixels, and 8 10 watt floodlights.

I also acquired a single skytracker Xenon searchlight that runs behind the house, it shines a tight beam miles into the sky and can be seen for miles away. I run it from a diesel generator because it would make my electrical meter spin itself right off the house!  :lol: 

This is my first year of pixels. I'd like to send a Thank You to James Morris for allowing access to his sequences. It still wasn't easy, but I was able to modify this one to work with my setup. I still have around 10 hours of sequencing in this, even copying and pasting some ideas from his work. 

My playlist this year includes

THX Intro
Help me hide a body (A Frozen Parody)
Hello Zepp (Saw)
Dragula
Skrillex mix

I wish I had more to run, but the pixels take me forever, without knowing how to use the macros yet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ma_1ivo40ZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

P.S. I hope my video link works

• Like 1

When you say Macros I assume you mean light show pro?  are you over on the facebook users group?

I'd like to see a little less blinky flashy in there.  It looks like you have dumb rgb on the windows vs pixels?

Alan

When you say Macros I assume you mean light show pro?  are you over on the facebook users group?

I'd like to see a little less blinky flashy in there.  It looks like you have dumb rgb on the windows vs pixels?

Alan

No, I mean macros in LOR for the CCP's. Im not in the facebook users group, i dont spend much time on facebook.

There are currently only 3 sets of CCP's running on the roofline, and mid section/deck.  All other lights are a mix of leds, and incans, I have no dumb RGB. I'd like to eventually add all CCP's as my budget allows.

There is another outbuilding to the right, not visible in the video. It also has a spider and web on the roof, and windows and corners done.

The blinky, flashy is well suited to this music.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

http://youtu.be/Ma_1ivo40ZM

Here is a video of one of our shows for this year. We will run every Friday and Saturday in October. Over 550' of rope light makes up the 8 channel spiderweb. 64 regular LOR Channels, 3 sets of Cosmic Color Pixels, and 8 10 watt floodlights.

I also acquired a single skytracker Xenon searchlight that runs behind the house, it shines a tight beam miles into the sky and can be seen for miles away. I run it from a diesel generator because it would make my electrical meter spin itself right off the house!  :lol: 

This is my first year of pixels. I'd like to send a Thank You to James Morris for allowing access to his sequences. It still wasn't easy, but I was able to modify this one to work with my setup. I still have around 10 hours of sequencing in this, even copying and pasting some ideas from his work. 

My playlist this year includes

THX Intro

Help me hide a body (A Frozen Parody)

Hello Zepp (Saw)

Dragula

Skrillex mix

I wish I had more to run, but the pixels take me forever, without knowing how to use the macros yet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ma_1ivo40ZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

P.S. I hope my video link works

I would love to see how you built the spider web, looking at doing something similar next Halloween.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see how you built the spider web, looking at doing something similar next Halloween.

The main beams are 7/16 rope, the cross webs are 1/4" rope. Once i measured out the spacing I drove 6 concrete equally spaced concrete pins at an angle to hold the bottom of the web. Attach the metal rings to a ratchet strap at the top and string the mains to the ground (the ratchet strap is used later to tension the web).  Then I zip tied all the cross webbing at 1' spacing to the bottom. The rope lighting was attached after the web was together and tight. I have to take the lights off for storage.

post-14522-0-91962900-1415397632_thumb.j