Light-O-Rama Forums
edtrac

12CCR Snowfall Effect

Has anyone completed a snowfall effect for a 12CCR tree setup and is willing to share?  Started working on it today and its pretty straightforward using morphs but just wanted to check here first.

I would love to see what you make. I have a 16CCR tree and is looking for snowfall to use after shows, but I can't get started to make my one, as I can't picture in my head what I would like it to look like.

xlights has a snow pattern that looks pretty good.  You can even adjust the size of the flakes. 

• Like 1

xlights has a snow pattern that looks pretty good.  You can even adjust the size of the flakes. 

This is what I use for some affects.  Why reinvent the wheel?!

Finally got this all to mesh together.  Haven't tested on a real system yet, but I was able to import my blank 12CCR config from LOR into Xlights, add the nutcracker snowfall effect, export back out to LOR and get it to show up on the Visualizer.  Pretty neat.

I am probably doing something wrong but I had to copy the cells from the xlights-->lor conversion into my original 12CCR file to get anything to work.  The converted file had no channel/ccr data.  I reimported the working file back into xlights and exported again but same results. 

Are you looking for a scene or morph based solution or maybe an image based solution?

I use an image based solution that I really like (actually looks like snow flakes) instead of dots flying around ..

Best solution ?? No .. werks fer me solution ?? yepp..

Bob

I used the simple xlights snowfall algo that has 5 pixels per flake i believe. Looks ok.  But if you want to share I would certainly throw it up on my house and see how it looks.  I have all my other 128 channels on a low dim with the snowflakes on the CCR tree while a version of Silent Night plays. 

Are you looking for a scene or morph based solution or maybe an image based solution?

I use an image based solution that I really like (actually looks like snow flakes) instead of dots flying around ..

Best solution ?? No .. werks fer me solution ?? yepp..

Bob

in xlights were you using snowstorm?  On my "mega tree" it draws diagonal, backwards all sorts of weird snow patterns..

switched over to meteor short tails, pallet white, slowed it down.  That was passable.

Does anybody have these files in the .sup format? I have no idea whatsoever how to swap them over.... : (

oilmoney@shaw.ca

Edited by oilmoney