Light-O-Rama Forums

help

Greg

lastnight I ran a test the hardware recognized one of the units as a pc unit it is acutally a 16 d unit. show ran fine, did another test today and the unit now is not recognized at all it will pass the signal thru. on the network it is unit two... i can see unit one and unit three. I swapped out all the cables still not working. Any suggestions?

greg

Guest wbottomley

Greg wrote:

lastnight I ran a test the hardware recognized one of the units as a pc unit it is acutally a 16 d unit. show ran fine, did another test today and the unit now is not recognized at all it will pass the signal thru. on the network it is unit two... i can see unit one and unit three. I swapped out all the cables still not working. Any suggestions?

greg

Try running a show and see if it works. If it doesn't, we'll go from here.

tried running a show with same results. reset boardseveral times, swapped cable tried phone cable. since last night nothing had been changed at all. pulled unit from display to work on inside.

(edit) the led continues to blink when power is applied to unit

tried connecting it directly to the computer still no luck... I have the latest version 1.6.6 of the hardware utility.

greg

The funny thing is it worked fine the day before. Nothing at all was moved. I don't think it could have come unseated that easily. also I am using other of the same cable and there aren't any problems.

joneslights wrote:

I'd check the soldier on that controller (possible one is just loose enough)

(must not make jokes about innocent typos... must not make jokes about innocent typos... must not, oh what the heck...)

If there's a soldier on the controller, tell him to get off it, he'll probably squish it :P.

Seriously, a few things to check:

Connect the controller to the computer all by itself and run the HWU.

• Is the LED steady or blinking?
  • If it's blinking, you have a major comm problem. Try a known-good cable. Still blinking? could be a defective board. Without comm, there's little else you can try, if the reset you said you already tried didn't work...
  • If it's solid, do a refresh. Is the board recognized?
  • Try controlling the lights with the HWU. You can type in the unit # directly if it can't be found in the refresh. If lights can be controlled, it will probably still work in your show (the show controller only talks to the boards, the boards don't need to talk back to it, unlike the HWU...

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

joneslights wrote:
I'd check the soldier on that controller (possible one is just loose enough)

(must not make jokes about innocent typos... must not make jokes about innocent typos... must not, oh what the heck...)

If there's a soldier on the controller, tell him to get off it, he'll probably squish it :P.

OK, OK, so it's getting late. Hey, maybe that's the problem he is squishing it.

Note to self: Check typos BEFORE hitting send.

Tim,

Tried all the above still nothing. Contacted LOR Support, I am working with them to try to figure things out. I want to thank everyone for their help. I will keep everyone posted on this.

greg

Greg wrote:

Tried all the above still nothing

I was actually hoping you'd post the answers to the questions so we could guide you better. There's just so many variables otherwise...

-Tim