Light-O-Rama Forums

Push Button to start a show

Old Sarge

I was reading and found that a push button can be installed on a outside controller which can be pressed to start a show...

I will be getting my LOR controllers tomorrow and am trying to find out what kind of button I need to search for and how does it connect onto the outside controller.

I would like to be able to have the option of pressing a button to start a show for visitor's I may have without having to reset the start show times or go to my computer to start it.

Also I think it would be good to be able to be outside and start show and watch how it actually starts up etc. instead of trying to run from computer to outside after starting it.

Thank you

To clarify a bit on what Jim posted, you need an Input Connector for your particular controller. Jim linked to the one for the 1602 Series of controllers. If you have the CTBPC16-RTG controllers, then you would need this one.

I did that the first year but I learned real fast that you need to keep the wire-pair away from anything else electrical. The input connection is very sensitive and the slightest AC induction getting to it will trip the input and start the show when you don't want it too. Either use shielded cable, properly grounded or keep the trip wires very far away from the rest of the power.

Thanks to all but I am more confused now then when I asked my question..  So am I right in assuming that to use a button to start my show I have to have another electronic board installed or connected in it and then the button connects to that board...

I have Two CTB16PC controllers and I got the Advanced license when I bought it. I just received them from UPS today and had no problem connecting them to my computer and getting them set up as 01 and 02 units... my software is the new version I downloaded from the LOR web site. I think it is 3.11.2

Thanks to all who answered my question..

Not at all. The controller has a set of pins that the documentation will talk about. Some of those are for remote sensing. You only need a contact closure across the correct pins and the show player setup to wait for that contact closure on whichever controller you pick, to start the show.