Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB's on 1.31

colonel

HWU - RGB Only

S3 - Macro Channels removed

Crossover cable off Pixlite-16 485 output Universe 47, channels 1-150

Bulb one goes steady when connected

LOR 16 channel boxes work fine with same method of connection

nothing happens in XL test or da-131 (everything else works)

Question: CCB is set to unit ID 15.  DMX-DOC.pdf sez LOR ID 15 starts at 337. Is this true for CCD's?

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

HWU - RGB Only

S3 - Macro Channels removed

Crossover cable off Pixlite-16 485 output Universe 47, channels 1-150

Bulb one goes steady when connected

LOR 16 channel boxes work fine with same method of connection

nothing happens in XL test or da-131 (everything else works)

Question: CCB is set to unit ID 15.  DMX-DOC.pdf sez LOR ID 15 starts at 337. Is this true for CCD's?

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

OK, I'll answer my own question after some probing with da_e131. Yes, CCB's at least (and probably all CCD's) are hard coded as it says in DMX-DOC.pdf. This presents a problem as ID17 is the last useable ID else you exceed 512 channels.

Next question. Can I have 2 ID-1's? One on COM3 485 and one on e1.31 UniverseX, channels 1-150? I'll try this later as this seems to be the easiest way after programming 60+ songs.

I believe this is correct and so far works in my basement.

The CCB;' are hard coded like the 16ch boxes so a CCB ID 15  uses channels 321-470. anything above ID 17 exceeds the 512 limit. See DMX-DOC.pdf
LOR S3 is the only thing looking at ID's and since there is no handshake you could have multiple ID's on the same network. They would play the same things.
LOR S3 and the e 1.31 network interfaces don't care about  ID's so you could have many ID 1's. They all get sent the data for ID1 and  thru the com or ip# as sequenced.
In HWU, you set the CCB's to RGB only so as to ignore the macro channels.
In S3 you may want to delete the 151-157 macro channels altho xLights allows for that and S3 is OK with them.
If you only have CCB's in 1 universe, ID 1 = 1-150 and ID 0B = 161-320 and ID 15 = 321-470 works OK. Gets confusing for me when I have 16h boxes in a Universe too.

I believe this is correct and so far works in my basement.

The CCB;' are hard coded like the 16ch boxes so a CCB ID 15  uses channels 321-470. anything above ID 17 exceeds the 512 limit. See DMX-DOC.pdf

LOR S3 is the only thing looking at ID's and since there is no handshake you could have multiple ID's on the same network. They would play the same things.

LOR S3 and the e 1.31 network interfaces don't care about  ID's so you could have many ID 1's. They all get sent the data for ID1 and  thru the com or ip# as sequenced.

In HWU, you set the CCB's to RGB only so as to ignore the macro channels.

In S3 you may want to delete the 151-157 macro channels altho xLights allows for that and S3 is OK with them.

If you only have CCB's in 1 universe, ID 1 = 1-150 and ID 0B = 161-320 and ID 15 = 321-470 works OK. Gets confusing for me when I have 16h boxes in a Universe too.

I'll correct myself on that last line. In HWU set the strings for 100 and ID 1 and it comes out as channels 1-300. I have several ID1's but on different universes and even coms.