Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR S3 update?

Alan Hanson

Count me in the "lag camp" this year.  Running video for the first time this year along with a couple thousand pixels, 21 LOR 16 channel controllers, 5 of the 24 channel controllers, and all the dmx moving heads, snow machines, etc.  I am definitely experiencing lag with the video loading.  Didn't know about the load in advance feature, guess because I never needed it in the past.  Where do you select that option?  I started set up a couple weeks ago and as I get things up, I periodically run a show with a couple sequences and am getting lag with the video loading.  Have not tried XLights for running the show, but may try it if I can't figure something out with the LOR show software (does XLights even allow video though?)

Show Editor-->Options

22k, 25k, to be honest i don't remember. Either way it ran fine. Just checked a sequence from this year and I am at 22,408 channels. 

Ron, I asked you not to let everyone know about my drug problem.

Oops. Auto correct claims another post. :blink:

Edited by Ron Boyd
  • Like 1

Almost 2 months since the last LOR announcement, and that was just for the sale, and several weeks into this thread and still not a boo with regards to when/if we will see anything at all this year. :(

Its really too late for us to change things this year for our shows. I'm sure they are working hard on it but they understand the timeframe for us users too. They aren't going to release it till its as ready as possible and even then, most likely it'll be a beta.

Its never to late to get an update that will convert my 1 gig sequences down to 100 meg and make the playback of the show smoother. I would be all over that update, that's what I am holding out for :).

• Like 1

Several updates to SE and firmware have come at the last minute or even after the show is up.   Still I have switched to take advantage of the new features.  Have not had any issues with this... yet.   

I hope it comes out soon. I have lot of issues with this current version I need had before espeacially lag with the visualizer. With both RGB and non RGB channels. Probably going back a revision. Getting very frustrating. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like a place to post this.  If your large sequence takes a long time to save.  Be sure you uncheck the 'Verify Load' setting and export compressed setting.   It can take 75% off your save times!  

SavingPreferences.jpg

Wow, thanks Bob. That's a lot faster. Is there anything else I can look at to make the sequences load faster? 

An update request.

With a lot of people updating to pixels and needing to rework old sequences. My thought is if you could do something like copy row and then paste into the new sequence with a new colour. Its ok to paste into red green or blue but variations of colours becomes very timely.

Thanks

Edited by bbayjohn

I've been running my show with all controllers and most lights connected for about a week with a few "stalls". 52 sequences and 15878 channels, 80 on COM3. The stalls don't happen every night and not on the same sequences. Commlistener loses COM3 and it takes a minute or so to reconnect it. I kind of suspect COM3 as having something going on here as running in XL sometimes produces some overruns. Does anyone else see any delays? 

I missed the 1 month anniversary of this topic :(

It's coming up on the 3 month anniversary since anyone related to LOR posted info on what is happening so maybe that will be a significant time. I was so looking forward to the updates every Friday so imagine my disappointment in missing the last 10(?) Fridays. I must just get so engrossed in work that I must just miss them.

22k, 25k, to be honest i don't remember. Either way it ran fine. Just checked a sequence from this year and I am at 22,408 channels. 

Doug,

How large were your sequence files last year?  I ran 12,000-ish channels last year without any trouble at all.  I ran it on a beefy PC, but that's what I bought it for.  Most files were right around 200MB.  One was about 280MB.  Compressed files were half that.  And I ran the compressed files for the show and loaded all files before the show started.

I'm gonna be right around 21,000 channels this year.  I did a very rudimentary test before I took everything down last year to try to stress it and it seemed to handle things OK.  But like I said... rudimentary.

I don't expect problems, but am trying to rule out any variables I can.

Edited by Aaron Maue

I found the update!!!! They integrated it into Windows 9..... awesome.

The bad news is Microsoft scrapped Windows 9 and will be going straight to Windows 10.

(Just a little humor to lighten the mood)

LOL

My files last year were 50 meg to about 400 meg. This year i have one that is 1 gig and another that is 800 meg. Will be real interesting how they play this year.

I too had a pretty good computer running the show.

Edited by dougd
  • Like 1

Show Editor-->Options

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Oops. Auto correct claims another post. :blink:

I just now had to check this box too to make mine run better. The weird part was, things ran fine with just the sequence editor but when I ran the actual show player with the E1.31 listener program running, all of a sudden my dumb rgb controllers had issues. After I checked that box, they cleared up. I just verifiied too with my pixels via the E1.31, they are working normally. The two CMB24's are on the standard LOR network and not their own network. I still have to add 4 more controllers to the mix when I get Christmas put up so those CMB24's may have to go on another network. All on mine is wireless ELL's or wireless E1.31 via bridge and router.

Was comparing LSP to S3 a few days ago via trial version and there is no doubt S3 is literally YEARS behind.  With that said, I would do anything to stay with LOR as I've been with them from the beginning.  However, it starting to seem as if LOR's real focus is on the AC crowd and not the DIY pixel guys.