Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

LOR Boards, inside or outside?

Guest guest

skipper69 wrote:

I Think I know what you mean see if I am right on the first Cord you use the ground as hot then black is 1 white is 2 then the next cord ground wire is 3 then black is 4 and white is 5 am i close or what do i need to change

Basically the Black is channel 1, Green is Channel 2, White is the neutral for both.

If that is wired to a single outlet then you break the hot tab on the one side of the outlet and the neutral is shared. Hope that makes more sense.

Guest guest

skipper69 wrote:

I Think I know what you mean see if I am right on the first Cord you use the ground as hot then black is 1 white is 2 then the next cord ground wire is 3 then black is 4 and white is 5 am i close or what do i need to change

I thought about and was seriously considering doing something like that but decided against that just as a personal preference. I figured that murphy would rear his head and I would mess up one of those connections at one point either putting together or if I had to do some maintenance and I would short things out or damage a card or something like that. Also if you have wires going into outlet boxes then you have to worry about water getting in there as well. You could get those compression type sealing connectors that has a rubber insert that you push the wire through then when you tighten the connection down it seals the rubber against the cord.

And also yes, if you wanted to use water hoses to consolidate and protect the wires you could but you would need a way of sealing them up so that water does not get inside the hose or the outlet boxes. A hose would probably be a little more flexible than liquid tight. Has anyone ever tried to put a liquid tight connector onto a rubber hose? I wonder if it would work. It might as long as you get the right size ID hose to match the couplers.

Guest guest

I would be worried about the water hose cracking if someone accidently stepped on it. With the cold weather we get here in Dec-Jan that could be pretty bad.