Light-O-Rama Forums

Can you use a Showtime Mini to control a SanDevice

trkeenan

I have one DMX universe driven from a SanDevice.  I want to have a few routines run stand-alone.  Do you think this could be done with a Showtime device?

Thanks

Tim

I don't think it's possible without additional hardware, your showtime outputs data in the LOR protocol. San device operates on the e1.31 protocol. Basically the two devices would be talking different languages. The showtime mini can output DMX data just not in any form that a San device would understand.

That said, San device does have their elor device which you would able to stick in the middle ( bridge) to make it work. It bridges the data from LOR and converts it to e1.31.... I've never worked with the elor device. So I don't know what all is involved.

Edited by sticks4legs

I use an ELOR in my display. Previously, I only used the native DMX output to drive 8 RGB devices, but this year I will connect the ELOR to an E6804 to drive 50 GECE bulbs. I tested it last weekend, but I had some power supply issues. I'll test it again in a few days.

The ELOR is connected to my primary LOR network.

• 1 month later...

I need to see if someone can help me.

I have 160 geekmytree pixels connected to a SanDevice E6804 and the ELOR.  The E6804 works well using the test patterns.  I have created 160 RGB channels in LOR and can control 80 of the pixels individually with no issue.  Channels 81 to 160 seems to turn on randomly and I can not control them.

I have rechecked my channel configuration in LOR.  What have I missed?  Is there a dip switch setting on the ELOR, Is it a LOR issue?  I am stuck!

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Tim

I have rechecked my channel configuration in LOR.  What have I missed?  Is there a dip switch setting on the ELOR, Is it a LOR issue?  I am stuck!

The dip switches on the ELOR set the starting universe and toggle the RGB twinkle groupings. If channels 1-80 work, then these are not your problem.

I suspect the issue is something in the E6804 setup. How about you post a screen shot of the E6804 setup screen?

According to your screen shot you only have 40 pixels setup...try changing it to 160. Are you only using output 1? If so, uncheck the other 3 outputs.

Edited by dgtlpro

Look at the 4 rows of the configuration settings. Notice that the order of the colors are different for each one. Really not sure why the first 80 work and not just the first 40. I agree, are you only using the first connector or all 4. The way you have it addressed I would say all 4 connector with 40 pixels per connector.

You forgot to multiply a pixel by 3 to get the number of channels.

The starting channel for output 2 should be 121, not 41. (Notice that the last channel for output 1 is 120, therefore the start address for output 2 should be 121, or you will have overlaps.)

The starting channel for output 3 should be 241.

The starting channel for output 4 should be 361.

And, as Max-Paul pointed out, the color orders should be the same.

Your current configuration from the screenshot will cause incorrect colors and incorrect channels on outputs 2, 3, and 4.

Thanks very much everybody.  After getting the channels corrected every thinks works perfect.

I appreciated the input

Tim