Light-O-Rama Forums

Invert Channel Up/Down settings

ArlenAhl

I have Sequence editor v 3.11.2. I had everything programmed, then a servo went out.  I replaced it with a better grade servo. Problem is, the new servo  operates opposite direction form the old one. So my ramp ups and downs are now opposite of what they need to be.

Is there any way to take a channel and invert what I programmed?  So that what was down is now up and what was up is now down and the fades are opposite?  Sure will save me a lot of time re-programming the servo actions!

I ATTACHED WORD DOC FILE AS AN EXAMPLE but I don't see any way to view the attachment.

Thanks,

Arlen

Edited by ArlenAhl

I have Sequence editor v 3.11.2. I had everything programmed, then a servo went out.  I replaced it with a better grade servo. Problem is, the new servo  operates opposite direction form the old one. So my ramp ups and downs are now opposite of what they need to be.

Is there any way to take a channel and invert what I programmed?  So that what was down is now up and what was up is now down and the fades are opposite?  Sure will save me a lot of time re-programming the servo actions!

I ATTACHED WORD DOC FILE AS AN EXAMPLE but I don't see any way to view the attachment.

Thanks,

Arlen

Arlen,

To make sure I understand what you are asking - If a fade is going 100-0 you want it to go 0-100 and vice versa? 

I imagine you could do some editing of the sequence with a text editor (I'd use Notepad++) to get the job done. I'd make sure you have a backup, just in case you fat finger something.

Don,

Yes, if a fade is going from 100 to 0, I want it to invert and go from 0 to 100 etc. If an intensity is 40, I want it to change to 60; 25 to 75, etc

How do you get the sequence out of LOR sequence editor to Notepad?

George ( or is it Bob?  (ItsmeBobO)  )

I downloaded clipboardFlipper.  I'll try it.  Thanks!

Arlen

Disclaimer: The following steps could render your sequence unusable.  Make certain you are working from a backup copy. Nothing in this post should be construed as a 'best practice' or even a recommended way of doing things.

Google "Notepad++" (Yes, with the ++'s) and use that as your editor. It has many advantages over regular notepad.

Once you have it installed open a backup copy of the sequence. Remember it's going to have a .LMS or .LAS at the end of the file. If you are hiding known extensions in Windows, then you may not be working on the file you think you are. (Need help on file extensions? See this post from LORFaq.com.)

Once you open the file look for 'startintensity' and 'endintensity'. At that point you can reverse them to reverse the fade in the sequence. You can do a global search and replace, but keep in mind one thing - If you change 'startintensity=100' to 'startintensity=0' then you won't be able to search and replace the fade ups to reverse. You'll need to do it in steps. Perhaps change 100 to 1 or even ST so that you can replace the values later without messing everything else up.

Thanks Don!  I'll try it!

George,

How do you get a clipboard of a sequence? I've read the manual (help) on Clipboards but don't fully understand.  Does it save all the channels, or just a certain channel?

Arlen

The clipboard flipper is my best friend!!

Open the seq in the SE and highlight the section you want to flip. Now copy to your clipboard (Ctrl C). On left side in SE is the clipboard. Right click on the clipboard file you just copied (ex: Clipboard #1). Save Clipboard and name it.

Now open the clipboard flipper. Click on open and find the file you just saved. Leave the input or left side alone. The output or right side I'm thinking should be "top right". Just a guess off memory. Now click in the save flipped clipboard (save it in the same folder location).

Now go back to SE and click on Load Clipboard (left side). Find the "flipped" file and open. It will show up under the clipboards and just make sure you pick it. Now paste (Ctrl V) to your sequence.....BAM. It's there and flipped. If it didn't flip correctly or how you wanted, just pick another output option in the Clipboard Flipper.

The flipper is a great tool for flipping or reversing both single and RGB channels however I ran into a couple issues with flipping too many RGB channels at once.

Edited by CLD Kevin
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm trying to do something similar to the OP. I love the flipper tool, but from what I can see, it is not capable of simply inverting the intensity value (i.e. Make 40%-->60%).  Please let me know if I'm wrong on this. Thanks!