Light-O-Rama Forums

Southern California LOR users

godman

I see several LOR users from around the US that get together a few times per year and it sounds like fun,

I was wondering if there were any groups in Southern California that ever meet?

[Los Angeles, Orange County and Inland Empire areas]

Anyone know of any?

We had a one in 2012  and 2013 but the gentleman that arranged it moved and we didn't get together this  year.

I'm not sure of any others

Here is Sacramento there are two of us that helping to keep this going.  Ken Benedict is the original instigator and I just started helping because we were the first two to actually do it..

So the bottom line is that it helps to have two people working it together..  Some needs to carry the torch when the other is busy.. or moved away.. lol

I used to be in Southern California but now I am in the Bay Area of Nor-Cal.

I would love to organize a California meet up sometime in December if people are interested? Or is that bad...since it's the middle of the season.

I used to be in Southern California but now I am in the Bay Area of Nor-Cal.

I would love to organize a California meet up sometime in December if people are interested? Or is that bad...since it's the middle of the season.

Where in the bay area are you? I am in Lafayette and attend the Sacramento get-togethers. We usually meet on Friday's so i take the train from martinez to downtown sac. It's very easy and no worries about traffic. There is one this month on the 13th. Search the forum for Sacramento and you'll find it.

I see several LOR users from around the US that get together a few times per year and it sounds like fun,

I was wondering if there were any groups in Southern California that ever meet?

[Los Angeles, Orange County and Inland Empire areas]

Anyone know of any?

I see you're in Corona, I just a couple of miles up the 15 in Rancho Cucamonga.  I'm all for sharing war stories.  Send me a PM sometime and I can get you my contact information.

Bermuda Dunes, CA...in the Coachella Valley about 10 miles east of Palm Springs. I attended a mini in Scottsdale this past April that included a lot of people from SoCal, AZ and NM.

All its gona take is someone to step up and arrange it.  (Timing will be everything though, so plan accordingly) 

I'm in Glendale and would be interested in any So Cal gatherings.  Like jerryb721 said, there used to be one in the Simi Valley area.  It was great fun, but didn't happen this year.

We had our meeting last night.. Great time.. lots to see and talk about I think....  several newbies to welcome in and lots of old timers.. and those of us somewhere in between.. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

am a newbie in Palmdale...

I have been playing around with sequencing and learning about LOR for a couple months and my 32 channels that I ordered should be arriving here tomorrow..... I can hardly wait to get my hands on it and play with it....

For the KIDS of course... lol.

I live on the side of a hill on the s side of Palmdale and maybe if I get my show to last long enough and be big enough... you will be able to see it from Ridgecrest...

• Like 1

I'm more than happy to get a true so cal mini started in the Ontario area? Who would be interested in attending?

I'm more than happy to get a true so cal mini started in the Ontario area? Who would be interested in attending?

You know I'd be there and would help put it together and pull it off! Edited by jasonlaurea

I'm in Glendora, so Ontario is only 20 minutes or so away.  I'm in.

Also, if Scott (who hosted the Simi Valley BBQ) is unable next year, and if I have my front yard landscaping project completed, I am considering hosting a Summer BBQ.  More on that in early 2015.

I'm in Highland just east of San Bernardino. seems like Glendora and Ontario are both pretty central for the greater Inland empire and LA, Orange county areas. It might be a bit of drive for anyone in San Diego or Ventura counties but still pretty central even for those places. count me in.

Kenny Jure