• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robin

• Tim Fischer

• LightORamaDan

• Ed.Faranda

Robin,

I forgot that the programmers were off today (I forgot that some people get the day off. The folks in shipping/support do not get days off!) .... sorry. It will be Monday before we can get at this .... Sorry for the delay.

Dan

Ok Dan, I understand.
Just to up date you, even doing it manually still results in problems.
I keep checking and rechecking when something does not come on or stays on in the hope that is my error but no such luck. Sorry for being such a pain.

Robin

robin,

our lights went on sat night, and we had the same exact issue, all localized to one board, the last one in the line ,i have changed the boards around and the cables with no luck, it does fix it self after about 5 songs though,

as a temp fix, wait til the first song in your show starts, about 5 seconds in unplug the data cable that runs from your first 3 boards to the last 3 or how many more you have left , wait ten seconds then plug it back in, this forces the boards to recommunicate with the computer, hope this helps for now

bob

Robert,
Been there done that and it does not work. All of my songs get messed up from the first to the very last. In fact Porky Pig comes on with his that's all folks and all that is lit is his mouth. Guess it reallly is all!!:shock:

I'm not using LORII this year but I was experiencing some strange issues (lights coming on when not wanted) when using the USB adapter (used serial last year but it doesn't work anymore).

I updated the drivers with the latest from the http://www.ftdichip.com website and I have not seen the problems since. They have more updated drivers then what was sent on the CD when I ordered the new USB adapter (just got it last week).

Not sure if that will help but thought I would mention it.

Dan, knows what it is and said he would have the fix today.
Just to let you know what kind of company he runs, we were trouble shooting this problem at 10pm on Friday night. That my friends is the reason I choose LOR products over the other companies.

Robin wrote:

Dan, knows what it is and said he would have the fix today.
Just to let you know what kind of company he runs, we were trouble shooting this problem at 10pm on Friday night. That my friends is the reason I choose LOR products over the other companies.

Amen to that!!!!

Well I may have egg on my face.
I have sent a PM to Dan asking him if someone (not mentioning names) had two controllers set at the same Unit ID # would the results be what I am experiencing?

I don't want to name names here. Far be if from me to spread rumors. However, I know this guy who was making some light repairs and turned on Unit 27 channels 5 & 6 and when he went over to work on the wireframe he looked up and channels 5 & 6 were on with controller #26. Well "HE" told me he went back and turned off #27 and looked outside and everything was off. So went to his box and found that he had set two boxes with the same Unit ID number. Evidently he had forgotten to reset them.

Think I will have a talk with that idiot until Dan replies to my PM.
:X

So, is this problem resoved? Does it happen if you have less than 6 controllers?

Just want to know. Going live in 2 days...

I haven't had a problem. It maybe because I am only running two shows right now and only have four controllers. But, I am about done with another sequence....

Nonetheless, I will update once Dan releases it. I always like to stay current on software.

Another great thing about LOR Customer service, unrelated to this problem. But, during the weekend my SERIAL-RS485 connector got busted. With a little work, tape and bubble gum I was able to get it working again. But, as long as I have my cable positioned correctly it will work.

Anyway, I called LOR yesterday in a panic and thanks to Mary and Brian in customer service I should have a replacement connector today or tomorrow. YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!

One thing for certain running the show manually is no fun. I have
yet to walk around and look at my display.

You're right, probably not fun running a show manually! I wouldn't want to do that.