Light-O-Rama Forums

Purchasing Lights

pslouden

Hello,

Anyone have some tips on where to purchase LED lights? I typically wait until they are stocked in Target, Home Depot, Walmart etc. but there has to be a cheaper alternative. The two online sites I know of are 1000 bulbs and Christmas lights etc. Any other good sites to check out?  Looking to stock up and go big this year.

My tip is.

Don't go cheap. If your looking for cheaper than Target or Wal-Mart, your asking for premature failure.

I see it's your first post here so welcome aboard.

Edited by Santas Helper

I've used the LED's from Hobby Lobby the last few years with zero failures. They already have them out on their shelves for this year and dropped the price to $5.99 per 50ct mini. They look real good on arches.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, the lights I stocked up on at Home Depot 5 years ago are starting to go and I need a better alternative.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Anyone have some tips on where to purchase LED lights? I typically wait until they are stocked in Target, Home Depot, Walmart etc. but there has to be a cheaper alternative. The two online sites I know of are 1000 bulbs and Christmas lights etc. Any other good sites to check out?  Looking to stock up and go big this year.

i went to big lots yesterday and bought 1000 more lights they are already putting out christmas lights and they do have leds and are priced right thanks to the guy that said his store had christmas lights i went and my store  they did also

If I may, I would like to throw my hat in the ring.

I run Store.LightsMusicMagic.com and while I store is admittedly a bit of a cosmic mess at the moment, if you email me at jeff (at) lightsmusicmagic (dot) com and tell me what you are looking for, I can get you a quote and some great deals this time of year!

Talk soon :)

• 5 weeks later...

I'm deliberating buying my lights from a website/business called Pledco Lighting (www.pledcolighting.com) and was wondering if anyone has an opinion.... whether these are high quality lights, a decent business to buy from (or a legit business for that matter), or whatever else you can think of... Don't know if the lights are XMAS-proof for synchronized lighting (for the LED rope light). We will call tomorrow to confirm this. If it is worth looking into, go ahead... USD $60-80 per strand, buying strands in bulk decreases prices slightly.

Lightingnewb

I used Christmas-Leds. com this year for a revamp of the deck and rooflines.

I've also used Christmas Central, and have emailed them for quotes on case purchases.

I used Christmas-Leds. com this year for a revamp of the deck and rooflines.

I've also used Christmas Central, and have emailed them for quotes on case purchases.

They still are pretty expensive... 100 ft of rope light (LED) for $150? I get better deals than that at Christmas-Leds.com (Kip, not trying to diss you, just expressing my opinion for those who have a tighter budget [including me].).

• 4 weeks later...

I will tell you the LED S**t is expensive! The Deck for controllers and lights was 1600.00 the Roof was another 500.00

Ray Wu Orders were about 3000.00

Kip

I bought most of my stuff from novelty lights. And my c9s from Christmas lights etc. and a few things like window loghts and smaller stuff from Christmas leds