Light-O-Rama Forums

PVC halloween fence with embedded pixels.

marsh28

A few years ago, I built a PVC fence for halloween.  Here's a vid from a few years ago showing the fence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNBAmdyOBbY

To make things more interesting, I drilled holes in the fence and embedded 2811 bullet pixels.  I just did a simple test and effect looks pretty good.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqahMEnhSrY

Very nice look.  The whole display is incredible.

What software are you using to program the fence effects?

Thanks for the compliments.  I use plain old S3 to program.  tried Superstar and hated it.  I actually map out my pixels on graph paper and physically map out the animation.  It actually takes less time than I thought it would and its worth the effort.

Very good.  I'm impressed.  I have looked at Madrix, Superstar, Nutcracker, etc. but I have never really considered something so simple and elegant.

Thanks for the insight.  I will play with that myself.  Not doing anything big at the moment but good to know for the future.

Very nice.  I had thought about doing something like this last year with my grave fence. I will like to see it in full action when you have it ready. with work and Family just didnt have the time or Money. But it looks really good.

Very nice.  Like how you did the "gothic fence".   Don't know if I'll ever go the pixel route though, just seems to much extra hardware and learning to get it to all work well together.   At least that is the impression I get from many folks attempting to use them and seem there are just a lot of hurdles and obstacles to overcome still yet with this stuff.

So I'll probably just stick with my old boring multi-color and single color LED and incandescent light strands and blow molds.

Thanks for the comments, really appreciated.  I've actually found pixels to be much easier to deal with than I thought.  Setting  up the e682 is a snap and b/c pixels are low voltage, your power demands are low.  Prior to LOR, I had absolutely NO experience with anything electrical and my knowledge today is still limited.  With that said, figuring out pixels isn't all that bad.