Light-O-Rama Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ron Schultz

Music Woes...

Hi Folks,

This is my first post (and of course, my first cry for help...)

I am having an issue getting a song I will be using this year (this is my first year). Maybe someone here can help me out.

Brenda Lee's "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"

I do a search, and in my haste, purchase The Polar Express CD from amazon, not realizing "Rockin'..." was " Rockin' On Top of the World". Oops...

So I download the song from Buy.com - it doesn't work! I keep getting a popup saying there is an issue with their DRM server - emails have gone unanswered.

So, can someone please help a newbie out? I have the rights to the song, but no way to play it!

Thanks for any help you can provide....

--Ron

Ok, I have it! I just don't know how to give it to you.....any help on that?

You normally can burn to a CD (using CD format, not MP3) - then once the burn is done, rip the song to MP3. That removes the DRM.

Well, I did get a reply - the "stock" email reply was to use Media Player 9 or earlier. Since I am using 11, and LOR needs 10, this poses a problem...

I can't even get it to play, much less rip...sigh...$0.99 down the drain, forever...thanks buy.com!

Ah well, luckily there are some folks here who generously helped me out, so I am up and running (tonight is the first night...woohoo!)

--Ron

Rockin Around The Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee is available on the CD "Now That's What I Call Christmas"

evana wrote:

try this, go to this web site. find rockin around by brenda lee
right click and save target

http://www.ilovewavs.com/Holidays/Christmas/ChristmasMusicPg9.htm

Ethics questions aside, the audio quality of the stuff on that site isn't very good...

-Tim