Light-O-Rama Forums

Questions for those with spiral(weber) trees

packen

I want to build two 16 channel 7' spirals this year but don't know how to go about building the frame for them. Does anybody have any pics/plans on how they built theirs? Any help would be great. Thanks

I made my 10' one by sinking a 12 foot treated 4x4 two feet into the ground. I used eight of those spiral screw-in things that that are made for tying up dogs, and eight large tent stakes - one in-between each spiral thing. I run vinyl-coated metal clothesline cable up and over from/to the screw-in things which gives stability and eight legs you can zip-tie the light strands to. I'll look for a pic if I remember it after I get home tonight.

Mine are 15 foot spiral trees, two of them. I use 32 strings each, with 16 going one direction and 16 the opposite direction and they reverse every other string. So I lay the first 16 strings one direction, then alternating locations, I lay the other 16 strings. Yes, two controllers are used. Now to get the other tree, its simple 32 extension cords from one tree to the other but I reverse them electrically. It gives the impression of two differently commanded trees whereas its really just one.

My trees, 15 foot, 1inch black pipe, a '10 foot, mated to a ''5 foot. Ring with hooks on top from a pvc collar for drains. 4 main guide wires for the actual pole to stakes. For the base, I've been using pvc pipe in a circle of 8 feet in diameter or 25 feet in circumference. That pvc circle is tied to the ground. I then run 8 guide wires for the lights and tie them off to the ring.

Because the wind would slowly loosen things up during the season, I just ordered from Christmaslightshow.com a new product or looks new too me...screw in ground stakes for the main guide wires and screw in ground clamps for the pvc pipe. This should help me a lot, keeping things tighter, therefore a better looking tree(s).

I have a 16 channel 8' spiral tree that is constructed out of wire mesh.  I have room to store it assembled so I just pick it up and put it outside, plug it in and I'm done.

post-9688-0-69729200-1407198889_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My trees, 15 foot, 1inch black pipe, a '10 foot, mated to a ''5 foot. Ring with hooks on top from a pvc collar for drains. 4 main guide wires for the actual pole to stakes. For the base, I've been using pvc pipe in a circle of 8 feet in diameter or 25 feet in circumference. That pvc circle is tied to the ground. I then run 8 guide wires for the lights and tie them off to the ring.

How did you create the pvc circle? I'm building my first spiral tree and will probably also be 15ft.

Use gray electrical PVC tubing. It bends a lot easier and smoother. One end is already preformed and long, so it makes it easy to join, using 10 foot sections, just trimming off the calculated length to get the right circumference based upon what you are doing.