Light-O-Rama Forums

One channel not turning off at all!

sonoma

This post is in hopes that someone has had this problem also. Not sure what is going on. 

One of my very first LOR controllers is having an issue, it is an earlier version Generation 2 I think. When power is applied to the controller and it is in standby mode receiving no commands from the computer, channel #4 is stuck in the ON mode. When a sequence is running the same channel remains on at all times.Is this a bad board or a firmware problem. I should state that this same controller was working fine just 3 days ago and nothing has been done to the controller.Any and all help is greatly appreciated.   

Sounds like a triac may have gone out for that channel (HW problem). I would recommend opening a help desk ticket with LOR.

-Paul

First thing go to the manual and see how to do a reset on the controller, if the does not work then open a help ticket.

Thanks for the responses everyone. The problem has been corrected, I was setting up a small display for christmas in July and there was a misty kind of rain at the time. 

One of the triacs must have got a little damp during setup, after a day of setting out with the door open must have dried out the unit is working flawlessly again.

• Like 2