Light-O-Rama Forums

External trigger to start a sequence before the show

thebaronn

Hello

Forgive me if this has been answered already, (my LOR search could be terrible and I am exhausted).

I wanted to have a sequence triggered by a motion detector. This would be happening during the day before the actual show goes into effect at dusk. When the motion detector is triggered, a sequence would run once. I would also like to have 2 different motion detectors (although not a necessity) from different sides of the yard.

Pretty sure the outputs would be the idmx and a LOR DC board (if that matters at all) although the E1.31 and regular LOR protocol would be hooked up as well.

Thank you in advance and good night!

Eric

I think this is the answer to what your asking:

There are trigger points on the CMB16D, page 10 in manual, CTB16D, K & PC have 3 inputs that will start an event in your LOR software. I have the LOR documentation on the triggers for the PC card but can't figure out how to attach a pdf. Send me your email address via PM and I'll forward the docs that I have.

Cheers

Daryl B.

I would use the LOR Input Pup or two. Easy to configure and set up to add interactivity to your shows.

I think this is the answer to what your asking:

There are trigger points on the CMB16D, page 10 in manual, CTB16D, K & PC have 3 inputs that will start an event in your LOR software. I have the LOR documentation on the triggers for the PC card but can't figure out how to attach a pdf. Send me your email address via PM and I'll forward the docs that I have.

Cheers

Daryl B.

Manual? What is man-well you write about?

Thank you for the info: happyholidayhome@yahoo.com

PDF are sent, good luck and as Manwell used to say on Faulty Towers "I'm from barcelona"

Cheers

Lemme know if you still have questions. I use triggers on my controllers. No need for an input pup unless you need more than a few triggers or have a specific design reason to have a bunch of them located all in one place.

Thank you for the responses (and the pdf!!!)

I am sure I will be picking your brains soon.

I am very behind for the Halloween show!!