Light-O-Rama Forums

Just wondering.....

ShellNZ

Many of us here using LOR would intially just love the fixture limit of the visualizer to be increased just so we can start sequencing and at least see everything.

I myself am not in a hurry at all for the rest, just really need the visualizer as I cant tell what is what with 5-6 .lee files (so far).

Please is just this doable in the interim?

I never even started using the Visualizer because of the limitations right from the get go.. Would be nice if it was expanded..

Many of us here using LOR would intially just love the fixture limit of the visualizer to be increased just so we can start sequencing and at least see everything.

I myself am not in a hurry at all for the rest, just really need the visualizer as I cant tell what is what with 5-6 .lee files (so far).

Please is just this doable in the interim?

Out of curiosity is every single fixture its own channel or are there multiple fixtures with the same channel? Also what kind of devices are taking up most of the Fixture Count?

I never even started using the Visualizer because of the limitations right from the get go.. Would be nice if it was expanded..

Then how do you view the outcome while you are sequencing?

I have around 30-40K channels now.  For example my matrix alone is 4K pixels.  Given a vis file is 1024fix max I can see 1/4 of my matrix lol.

Out of curiosity is every single fixture its own channel or are there multiple fixtures with the same channel? Also what kind of devices are taking up most of the Fixture Count?

Then how do you view the outcome while you are sequencing?

I actually used the animator.. crude but with my imagination it worked out for the most part.. but what a pain in the arse! 

I have around 30-40K channels now.  For example my matrix alone is 4K pixels.  Given a vis file is 1024fix max I can see 1/4 of my matrix lol.

Woman!  You are just out of control!  :P:D

I actually used the animator.. crude but with my imagination it worked out for the most part.. but what a pain in the arse! 

Animator? 

The original "visualizer" that came out with LOR software until the Visualizer was created.  If you click on View and tick in SE then tick Animation

oh the one in the Sequence editor. I forgot that it was called the animator, haven't even opened that up in forever since i use the Visualizer.

I also use the animator. Although not as realistic looking, it seems to be less of a performance hog and does a better job representing the timing, which is what I really need. Since I moved in 2012 I haven't bothered getting my new house/configuration into the new visualizer and I haven't missed it.

Thankyou khawes.  Have spent last night and today loading everything up into xlights.  Drawling things out at the moment, just about as frustrating as LOR vis lol.

• 6 months later...

Sorry that I'm more of a newbee in this category, but I just started using Visualizer and was super excited about what I was learning. Reading this, I feel I'm quickly headed towards a brick wall.

Can you explain or direct me to somewhere where I can learn more about the limitations/capabilities of visualizer or other options?

Maybe just help me with a basic concept - how many CCRs could I expect to set up in Visualizer? How many of the "1024fix" does a 12ccr tree take?

Thanks for the enlightenment and happy new year!

Jay, you will be fine, its when you have tens of thousands of pixel strip (not CCR) we there is a problem

For example, I have at least 30K channels, no CCR's.  I cant draw it all in visualizer.

As you are just starting out its unlikely you are in that position so draw away :)

• Like 1

Jay, you will be fine, its when you have tens of thousands of pixel strip (not CCR) we there is a problem

For example, I have at least 30K channels, no CCR's.  I cant draw it all in visualizer.

As you are just starting out its unlikely you are in that position so draw away :)

Shelly, I should try it this year maybe.. is it better than when it first came out?  I really haven't opened it since the first year when it was a pain to use.

You dont use visualizer?  Geez man, you are seriously missing out, I absolutely adore it, just need to be able to add more fixtures and it will be better than sliced bread :)