Light-O-Rama Forums

Colors are shifting when Importing from Superstar into Seq Editor

Crazydave

I have created a sequence in the SuperStar Sequencer for my 24 CCR matrix.

However when I export the SSS sequence and import it into the Sequence Editor, the colors seems to have shifted.

What was White in the SSS is now a brownish color.

I should also add, that I am using the CCR's as a "template" for my Strips that are controlled by a e682.  (since its really easy to add 24 CCRS in the SSS  visualizer), I can sequence in SSS, export it to Seq Editor , then copy and paste  the CCR Tracks to a DMX track for actual live output.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-dave

Edited by Crazydave

In Superstar, select "Tools" "Configuration". Select "OK" in the pop-up window. In the Configuration Setup window, select "Export Raw Colors" at top right. Select "OK"

Save and export again. Your whites should look white now.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I believe I read that Brian has the SS software designed with a color offset as such to account for the true colors of the CCR. So when you sequence in SS and export to SE, the colors on the display will look like they are off a bit, BUT, they will appear correct on the CCR's themselves when they run. 

What about if you are using 2811 pixels how should the colors be? Sometimes they seem to be off?

I don't know...I'll be using WS2811's myself this first year using them. Brian might have an idea but his expertise is the SS software since he wrote it, but I think it was designed for use with CCR's specifically.

Using WS2811 or any other pixel that does not include the lor pixels, you'll need to do what is posted in #2 above. Otherwise your whites will look pink. It will make you think you have a power drop issue, but it's the way Brian wrote the code. Remember, Superstar is designed for LOR CC (devices).

So yesterday, I did just that...opened the source SUP files, changed to Raw and full range data, exported to a new file. Imported into my sequences, replacing what was there and sure enough, using the visualizer, it was very apparent, the differences of the two. I'm wondering if it'll be too bright now out there...lol. The colors did correct and look better for the pixels.

• Like 1

I now have two versions of all my songs, one in raw color and one with the pinks.  I figure once I get it all set up, I'll decide which one looks best.

• 3 weeks later...

In Superstar, select "Tools" "Configuration". Select "OK" in the pop-up window. In the Configuration Setup window, select "Export Raw Colors" at top right. Select "OK"

Save and export again. Your whites should look white now.

Thanks so much you're a life saver