Light-O-Rama Forums

Servo Dog Questions

trkeenan

I wonder if you might be able to give me a little advice.

I am trying to make an elf face that talks with moving lips.  I am using the ServoDog and can't seem to figure out how to orient the servos in relation to how the ServoDog wants to control the servos.  In other words I want the servo limits to be at 90 degrees and move from the neutral position to 90 degrees when the mouth is open.

I can get the positions set in the Utility and download the settings.  Then in the sequencing program, the position of neutral doesn't hold and the servo moves the opposite direction. In other words when triggered on, it moves to the neutral position instead of starting from the neutral position.

Can you give me some clues please?

Thanks

Tim

• 2 months later...

Hey Tim,

I see you've had no replies to this post. Hmmm....  Sorry - I haven't been online following for a while - busy working on my animatronics.

Did you figure this one out?   Do you have a link to any video of you elf face & mouth?

Arlen

Tim, I just reposted a comment to an LOR support ticket I have on the same issue.

My servo dogs so not keep their settings either. Especially the Power Up and Lost Communications parameters.

It seems like when the servo dog loses communication to the PC, the servos just rotate to wherever they want.

Always the same place it seems, but not where I want them to go!

Anyone else out there that can help us overcome this?

Bought one a couple years ago. Take it out and try to figure it out every now and then, but it's pretty frustrating.  To me, the instructions are very confusing.  Have a DIO 32 now which will run servos, so hopefully, I will have better luck with that.

I have set all my parameters and they save through monkey basics, but my unit id # and comm port are never saved. I just go to servodog utility everytime I work on it.