Light-O-Rama Forums

You wanna talk about crappy service?

George Simmons

Go ahead - talk all you want. But do it elsewhere.

I ordered a couple of RGB floods this afternoon, and 34 minutes after I received an email confirming the order I received another email telling me that the product has shipped. Now some people might say that's an awfully long time to wait. But heck - at my age, I've waited longer than that for a bowel movement. When a company can get their business finished, including the paperwork, quicker than I can at home, well, let's just say my hat's off to them.

• Like 15

George, it's the era of instant gratification. If it doesn't happen instantly, it's too slow. I remember having to wait WEEKS for shipments years ago with companies I dealt with. To all those complaining of slow service, go check out the complaints on cable, internet and wireless companies and you'll see what "crappy service" REALLY looks like!

-Gary-

I'm guessing LOR lol, or else why the post

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!

Sorry - I s'pose I should have been more specific. Yes, it was LOR who provided that amazing service.

good thing you didn't order them during the mad grab sale. I mean lor offered a great price the fun of the hunt and did not guarantee you anything.still some folks loved it and others ,well others will complain about a sunny day in January, in Alaska. or a rainy day in Arizona.

I have to agree with George. I have sent in a few of my controllers this year to LOR to have warranty work done. It is usually done within a few weeks and returned to me. And they include a note with exactly what they fixed. I have sent other products in to other companies and wait months and get it back and I don' know what was wrong or how they fixed it. And when I submit a question, I always get back a polite answer, usually within 24 hours. I certainly appreciate LOR.

Can we just take a moment to realize how great this company is? Such excellent service since day one. Definitely one of the most, if not, the most friendly and helpful community out there.

www.ourlightdisplay.webs.com

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that LOR is an excellent company when it comes to customer response.

I just wish they would dump the incompetent services of UPS.  They completely

mishandled my emergency shipment of a replacement CCR last December.  I

sent the bad ribbon back via USPS (at my own expense) and even though it

was during the week before Christmas, their delivery back to LOR was a day

earlier than their schedule and several days quicker that UPS took to get it to

me during the less than critical shipping period.

• Like 1

I just wish they would dump the incompetent services of UPS.

Oh, say it isn't so! The Teamsters running an incompetent show? What's this world coming to when you can't even count on the most corrupt labor union of the 20th century...

I have to agree with George. I have sent in a few of my controllers this year to LOR to have warranty work done. It is usually done within a few weeks and returned to me. And they include a note with exactly what they fixed. I have sent other products in to other companies and wait months and get it back and I don' know what was wrong or how they fixed it. And when I submit a question, I always get back a polite answer, usually within 24 hours. I certainly appreciate LOR.

In my last LOR repair, I sent in a controller after trying to replace the triac myself.  Not only did I get a similar note with exactly what they fixed, they made a little humorous comment (and compliment) about how close I was to fixing it myself!  I was then educated on a microscopic bit of solder was thwarting my success.  I have posted the great letter in my garage just to remind myself of how happy I am to do business with LOR.   

Great post George and thanks for bringing back some good memories of holidays past...

Edited by Jay Czerwinski

I agree that LOR is an excellent company when it comes to customer response.

I just wish they would dump the incompetent services of UPS.  They completely

mishandled my emergency shipment of a replacement CCR last December.  I

sent the bad ribbon back via USPS (at my own expense) and even though it

was during the week before Christmas, their delivery back to LOR was a day

earlier than their schedule and several days quicker that UPS took to get it to

me during the less than critical shipping period.

With the replacement, did you tell us to send it overnight or to otherwise expedite it?  Did you work through the help desk to get a replacement, or did you order it from the online store?  Please PM me the order number and/or the ticket number so I can see what happened.

UPS, while sometimes a bit rough with packages, is usually on-time.  According to the map, it would have taken 5 days ground from our factory.

Five Days?!?!

Shipped December 6, received December 16.

All I ask is for you good people at LOR to give us the option to ship via the United States Post Office.

Time and time again I have gotten better service from them.  And they still deliver on Saturday!

And I concur.  Keep up the Great work, LOR.

• 2 weeks later...

In this day and age where word of mouth can make or break a company, crappy service should never be an issue. I've been fortunate to only rarely experience it from an online vendor. That being said, I cannot recommend purchasing from http://www.radiant-holidays.com/ as they were not forthcoming with product and shipment delays and the lack of shipping cost estimates until after you purchased the products. Good prices but the service could be greatly improved upon. Once the service issues are corrected I may consider purchasing from them again. Fortunately, that experience has been far from the norm. Among the best I've experienced has been LOR, Amazon Kindle, and from Tom V of powersoundaudio.com, in as much as I've seen him recommend other companies products or a different solution to potential customers even if it costs him a sale. It's wonderful to see such amazing customer service in action.

• 2 months later...

The quick service I have received from LOR and Holiday Coro is great. I just ordered a couple of things from Holiday Coro, got an email within the hour telling me the order was packaged and out for delivery. 3 days later the USPS left it on my porch.

On another note, does anyone know of any support groups for spouses of LOR users? My wife thinks I am nuts, because I want to incorporate the neighbors house into my light show. She does agree that I could have got addicted to much worse or be in much more expensive hobbies. Glad she has not tracked all I have purchased since 1 Feb.