Light-O-Rama Forums

Why does my imported visuailer image look so small in SS?

NkySpike65

I'll seen other peoples imports of their own visualizer setup into superstar, and their visualizer image looks a lot larger than mine. What am I doing wrong? 

I don't want to crop the image, because I'll be adding more lights along the edge of the grass and sidewalk later.

001_zpscea9a583.jpg

002_zps6cd59aa6.jpg

Edited by NkySpike65

That's an impressive display you've go there! It looks like most all of your lights are RGB lights and SuperStar is creating a lot of sequencing rows for them. With that many sequencing rows there isn't much room for the visualization. It should be possible to make the sequencing rows longer and put more lights on each sequencing row.

Click on the File menu and select "import visualization" and in the dialog box that pops up set Sequencing Grid "Max Length" to something larger such as 100. If that doesn't help, please email the visualization file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

The visualization file will be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / Visualizations / Editor

Thanks Brian,
I used the Tree Wizard, along with the Draw Flood Lights tab in visualizer. Then I used the method of using the CCR Draw Wizard and adding the command line to the comment section that Ron Boyd has talked about for the pixel strips on my house. Not a 100% sure if I'm even doing it correctly just yet. I also still need to work with creating a Visualizer Pair to get a better lay out in order to work with.

Hey Brian, I tried the 
Grid "Max Length" setting to 150 & 200 in Vertical and Horizontal, but both kinda came out the same. I'll email you my file along with the background image I use.

Thanks again,

David

11_zps51ac94cd.jpg

10_zps195e9f00.jpg

Edited by NkySpike65

Hey Brian, I got an email from Ron asking me if I tried the "Scrunch the Sequencing Grid" option yet, so I gave it a try. It seemed like it worked.

001_zps9f1e8fbd.jpg

Edited by NkySpike65

Scrunch will scrunch everything together and you will have more room for the visualization but the lights will not be mapped to the sequencing grid in a way that will make it easy to sequence.

I got a chance to look at your visualization. I tried using a visualization pair, where you have a "Row" visualization and a "Real" visualization. This approach is designed to make it so you can lay things out in your "Row" Visualization in the way you want it to map to the sequencing grid. This should have worked but I ran into problems. It will work for real CCRs, but it doesn't work right for strings that use the DMX keyword. Basically it is a bug. I need to create another keyword that tells SuperStar to lay the CCRs end to end. Currently it is coded to think that strings using the DMX keyword are in a matrix so it never lays them end to end. Give me a day or so and I should have a fix.

After I have the fix you will need to download a new SSEdit.exe and I can have you test the fix.