Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobes on sale!

drums114

Xenon are much better. The attack and decay is much better.

BTW Max.  I tried the preheat for the strobes.. doesn't work.. at least I was unable to make it work..

Plasma, some do a pre charge (you are charging up the cap. that stores the energy needed to create the arc). Thats where they turn it on for just a few tenths of a second. Not long enough to flash, but gets the cap semi charged to almost trip the trigger coil. Then a few tenths later turn it on to cause it to pop. I just turn it on so the charge and trigger happen when I want it to happen. Mine seem to work like this if I turn it on .6 secs before I actually want it to flash. Maybe a little more play time will show you what you need time wise.

So, you just plug a bunch into one Pigtail on an AC controller and then they fade out of sync right? 

Just repeating wisdom I have heard others say on several forums. DO NOT FADE or any other fancy stuff. JUST ON or OFF. Failure to follow said wisdom is supposed to lead to failure of xenon strobes. Not sure if this holds true of the LED type. But then too, not going to see any LED strobes in my show.

Just repeating wisdom I have heard others say on several forums. DO NOT FADE or any other fancy stuff. JUST ON or OFF. Failure to follow said wisdom is supposed to lead to failure of xenon strobes. Not sure if this holds true of the LED type. But then too, not going to see any LED strobes in my show.

the strobe most likely have a simple voltage doubler circuit.  They won't get hurt from low voltage.. They just won't fire.  but the problem I had when I tried it is that the triggered the same time whether I turned them on all the way, or just one tick on the fader... I did not however try to do this under show conditions with the computer controlling the time.  Not sure it would make much difference, but it might..   One thing I didn't try was to put a dummy load on same line to lower the impedance and keep the caps from charging too fast with a small precharge.  Not sure it would make a difference but worth a shot.

hey just brainstorming a bit. i remember when some of us may have been fooled on the RGB sttrobe thing......me for sure

let me ask this though, what if you had some RGB lighting behind the strobe, something like the floods, and the color would illuminate/flash at yhe same time of the strobe. Do you think that would give off a semblance of a color changing strobe.

just thinking outside of the box. You folks know better than I ever will, so deferring to the experts.

Looks pretty awesome in my vision on my head :-)

Best,

David

Plasma,

I was not clear as to what you wanted to do. Ok, well I know of no way to make the strobe appear random right out of the gate. What I am others are doing for this is to have several channels and split up the strobes on those channels and then stagger the full on on the channels. I have 2 channels and stagger  the strobes through out my mega tree. If I had a few more spare channels I might even go to 3 channels

Plasma,

I was not clear as to what you wanted to do. Ok, well I know of no way to make the strobe appear random right out of the gate. What I am others are doing for this is to have several channels and split up the strobes on those channels and then stagger the full on on the channels. I have 2 channels and stagger  the strobes through out my mega tree. If I had a few more spare channels I might even go to 3 channels

Plasma,

That is what I wound up doing as well.   I also combined 1 and 3 flash per second strobes on the same string.. that really made a ton of difference!

I ordered SPT-1 from them the other day.....I got my Plugs from Home Depot   100 for $45  (online only)

OK.. THAT is just wrong!  :o

I watched that last night and just this morning was able to pick my tongue up off the floor.  All that lint and dust.. tasted terrible.. Cat walked on it several times.. @$#@# fur ball...  Wife complained about drool all over the place.. skid marks on the bottom where I had to walk around dragging it behind me..... Wrong I tell you!!!  Just wrong!!!  (BECAUSE IT IS NOT MY HOUSE!)  :P:blink:

I think your neighbor would LOVE 2400 strobes on your house! Just sayin...

I think your neighbor would LOVE 2400 strobes on your house! Just sayin...

ha ha!!

ok - has anyone ever gotten strobes from the link:

http://www.diyledexp...e=index&cPath=6

Good, Bad, etc????comments?

Are these a good deal and do they last?

Also where is the best price for zip wire, c9 sockets, and vampire plugs right now?

I just ordered 100 of them, let ya know when I get to try them out.

• Like 1

I bought all my strobes and many other produts from diyleds never had a problem with their products or service

• Like 1

I'm interested in purchasing the strobes from diyleds but I see they flash 120 per minute, is that standard?

Also what's the difference in "I" tube vs "U" tube? I see the U tube has 8 watts

compared to 6 for the I tube

What are the pros/cons of those wattage difference? Brighter bulbs?

Edited by godman