Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobes on sale!

drums114

I saw these on sale:

http://www.diyledexpress.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

I was thinking about getting the xenon bulbs but now I am leaning towards the LEDs.

Good, Bad, etc????comments?

Are these a good deal and do they last?

Also where is the best price for zip wire, c9 sockets, and vampire plugs right now?

do you want POP. or do you want some thing that flashes?  If you want POP! then go with the xenon bulbs. Yes they do have issues so get a few extra. Otherwise go with the LED, just dont expect the POP.

Yes with the xenon bulb you have to turn on about .6 seconds sooner to get the Pop at the right time. And the LED are instant. But again it is the POP that is only with the xenon bulbs.

Xenon are much better. The attack and decay is much better.

BTW Max.  I tried the preheat for the strobes.. doesn't work.. at least I was unable to make it work..

Drums if your looking for wire for the strobes, just use old c-9 strings. Also those strobes look like the same ones cdi and wow lights sell. I have a few from wow lights. Very solid strobes. I dont like the slow flash rate though

Edited by james campbell

I would say the Xenon strobes look the best. I told myself I would never use LED strobes, BUT I find myself this year adding 300 LED strobes to my already 256 Xenon strobes that I already have.

Don't get me wrong I still think Xenon strobes look the best. But you have to admit that the 2400 LED strobes in the Larsen display looked freaken cool. 

• Like 2

I would say the Xenon strobes look the best. I told myself I would never use LED strobes, BUT I find myself this year adding 300 LED strobes to my already 256 Xenon strobes that I already have.

Don't get me wrong I still think Xenon strobes look the best. But you have to admit that the 2400 LED strobes in the Larsen display looked freaken cool. 

OK.. THAT is just wrong!  :o

I watched that last night and just this morning was able to pick my tongue up off the floor.  All that lint and dust.. tasted terrible.. Cat walked on it several times.. @$#@# fur ball...  Wife complained about drool all over the place.. skid marks on the bottom where I had to walk around dragging it behind me..... Wrong I tell you!!!  Just wrong!!!  (BECAUSE IT IS NOT MY HOUSE!)  :P:blink:

Edited by plasmadrive
  • Like 3

On the Larsen house, they don't look like LED strobes but truly I'm not sure. Two years ago, I bought 24 LED strobes to use here on a megatree but when I turned them on, during testing on the floor, they all start blinking at the same rate for several seconds till they slowly separate and become more random. It wasn't the effect that I wanted. I then bought xenon strobes and they worked exactly the way I wished or lets say, they have the "pop". Very good price shown on that site as most places are selling them for $6.50 ea.

Yes, I meant Xenon :).

FYI:  I bought all my strobes from CDI..............I had the led approx 150 of them and just ordered the 250 of the xenon strobes when they were on sale and when I received them I compared the 2 types and the xenon really do give more POP.  also You might want to see when they have another sale because I paid $3.65ea for them and they have zip cord with c9 sockets and they have them with assorted spacing, I chose the 3' spacing to hook the strobes to.

• Like 1

So, you just plug a bunch into one Pigtail on an AC controller and then they fade out of sync right?