Light-O-Rama Forums

Update on S3 progess from Dan's post

mnkyboy

Hello Dan!

Its been a bit since your last update, and as much as i enjoy all the hardware products and reliability of them since 2008, using s3 with higher channels counts well like others have voiced, and you responded...kinda lackluster......

So where is LOR on this... what progess has been made.. you did promise better communication on this issue! Well with all due respect...Its Lackluster!! I myself is already shopping and testing different avenues.. which is becoming a pain in the ass, along with looking quite expensive if I go one direction, 

So I am asking....give everyone an update..  where is LOR on this... give us an ETA....start making bi-weeekly addresses  on this subject... Many of us want to stay with LOR software suite also...but the companies actions, or should I say rather inactions in not keeping the suite update on the backbone ( still using the original S1 .net backbone?? Really?? someone too lazy to update it to roll S3?? seems like it to me)....well is speaking loudly.......

Sp Please Dan, either yourself,  John,  someone that can give us a real answer......I got lots of work to do one way or another...and I DO NOT want to have to wait till the last minute...I have a deadline set in my head for when to drop LOR Software  Suite even though I just recently updated to S3 about 60 days ago....

William

Edited by mnkyboy

If you need an answer now, then I would suggest moving on to plan B. As much as I'd like to see an update on the software, or even an ETA on the release, I don't think we will.

If Dan gives any kind of update and something causes that date to slip, people will complain. Loudly. They did it when S2 was due out. They did it when S3 was due out.

(Just my two cents.)

Hi William, 

You are correct, there is a lack of communication. This Friday, I am going to start a sort of blog in the general information area on this subject and I will update it at least every second Friday. 

Best regards,

Dan

Light O Rama, Inc. 

The kids in the back seat will still whine, " Are we there yet?"

Dan's first post should be, " Don't make me come back there!"

• Like 1

The kids in the back seat will still whine, " Are we there yet?"

Dan's first post should be, " Don't make me come back there!"

Its more like Dons post, "get out of the car and walk".

Hi William, 

You are correct, there is a lack of communication. This Friday, I am going to start a sort of blog in the general information area on this subject and I will update it at least every second Friday. 

Best regards,

Dan

Light O Rama, Inc. 

Dan! Thank you!!

That will be nice  to have an update in that form... hopefully we will see and I'll make this general " We were able to start cleaning up the widgets to let S3 operate more efficiently, but its running into some SNFUs , the good side it is showing promise"...

Knowing  successes on what has been done , and  yep those downers that didnt work so well would be nice... 

Kinda like management staff meetings I used to have attend,  and I would have to give presentations on current state of inventory control and "shrink", and how I was going to work on reducing that shrink.

I have to admit, I am a HUGE LOR fan, and I was a bit excited when Dan answered my original post and then when we had one update about Xlights code and so on.. The communications have been pretty poor since.  The every other week (or there abouts) blog will be good. Better late than never I guess. 

Unfortunately changes are going to be too late for this year it would seem. and I for one have to really start moving toward something that works better with so many channels.  I have waited and waited.. but time is getting short. 

I am even in the throws of a commercial project using LOR hardware and software and will stick with LOR for that.. but for my personal display, it is getting really close to the point of moving on out of necessity.  

I started to steer my budget for hardware to more generic controls and pooling a portion for different software instead of just buying LOR hardware. This is in anticipation of software deliveries from LOR being too late to be useful for this year.  I am afraid LOR is a bit late to the party it would seem...

I do hope the blog is useful and kept up to date..

Edited by plasmadrive