Light-O-Rama Forums
colonel

CommListener creates DoS attack

See the Topic Dual NIC Tricks in the E1.31 Forum for the reports.......

This is no joke. If you plan to run with any 1.31 DMX and have 11.2 loaded beware. You will not see any issues sequencing. Now if you try and test a sequence and run your DMX lights you may see some odd things. Curious to know if anyone has been able to actually run DMX via Unicast or Multicast on 11.2 with the new Comm Listner running? Can you start and stop your sequence normally and all your lights work just as you sequenced? If successful, please let us know details on your setups. Can you also get on the internet when you have the Comm Listener running?

I am off site for a week and will get back to testing then. I've just started and only have 1.5 universes working and 1 sequence somewhat programmed. A LOT of work ahead. What I have seen (limited) so far has been flaky.  I am building a 32 leg, 24' 360 mega tree for a town square:

4 - 5v / 60 amps / 350 Watts Power Supplies

2 - 5,440 Pixel Controller / E1.31 / 16 SPI Outputs / 4 RS-485 DMX Outputs (Pixlite16)

64 - 8mm/12mm Node - 5v / 2811 / 50 Node Strings to make 100 node strings, 300 channel universes. Power injection (18ga speaker) on both ends and that wire used to support the ight string. Each node zip tied (sigh).

I am also doing a smaller 12' 16-universe tree mostly to cannabilize from.

Is there a stable version prior to 11.2?

I replied in your other thread.  The Listener is not generating a DoS attack, you have simply not set up your routing properly.  Going back to a previous version won't help in this case.

The same routing setup was used last year and worked perfectly fine. That seems to exonerate the notion of improper assignment. The only variable which has changed is the version of LOR and changes made in the version to 3.11.2. On the other hand I do not have my entire network with all my controllers active either. With a sequence looking for 13 LOR controllers of data to be delivered and no one home there may be an issue. I will be doing some tests to determine if removing the addresses in the configuration to any other Comm ports affects anything. If this fails, then I will delete all other tracks with any reference to any LOR controller and leave the sequence with just data for a 1.31 DMX controller to see if things work. It may not be the solution, but at least a means to isolate the issue.