Light-O-Rama Forums

When/where to buy lights?

jrock_at_rons

I'm planning on getting into LOR this next Christmas season.  While I don't own any LOR equipment yet, I have been using the free sequencer to begin work in that area (sequencing, visualizer, etc.).  I'm a total planner so I've got a spreadsheet to help me estimate the costs for my proposed 32 channel setup. 

I've looked at prices for CDI and HLE and it seems that HLE is cheaper in most regards.  Is the quality for the products at both places comparable?

When do the online retailers usually hold sales?  I know LOR had the spring sale and they also have a summer sale.  

Thanks. 

I'm planning on getting into LOR this next Christmas season.  While I don't own any LOR equipment yet, I have been using the free sequencer to begin work in that area (sequencing, visualizer, etc.).  I'm a total planner so I've got a spreadsheet to help me estimate the costs for my proposed 32 channel setup. 

I've looked at prices for CDI and HLE and it seems that HLE is cheaper in most regards.  Is the quality for the products at both places comparable?

When do the online retailers usually hold sales?  I know LOR had the spring sale and they also have a summer sale.  

Thanks. 

I have bought a number of cases from HLE and haven't had any problems. I use m5 lights and they are fixed. No replacing the burned out bulb if and when one goes out. So, I assume that water can't get into them either. 

I have bought a number of cases from HLE and haven't had any problems. I use m5 lights and they are fixed. No replacing the burned out bulb if and when one goes out. So, I assume that water can't get into them either. 

I think I should have said, (m6) lights.

CDI and HLE offer lights from the exact same source.

Typically, light vendors have their best prices during their pre-season sales in January.

Edited by George Simmons

www.christmas-leds.com also has good pricing and by the case on the website. I've placed large orders there (they take payments until the order is paid off) and also Christmascentral.com. Email Christmas central for a case quote, it's usually less than the website price.

CDI and HLE offer lights from the exact same source.

Typically, light vendors have their best prices during their pre-season sales in January.

As a newbie I don't know the codes yet for these companies FULL names please, thanks

HLE has sales throughout the year. they are having one now. theyre pricing slightly up on each sale. January and Feb is when you want to start looking for sales. Companies offer pre order sales and they usually ship around early summer time or before. I have bought 98% of my lights from HLE and have been very happy with they quality, great service and fast shipping if they are in stock.

http://www.holiday-light-express.com/in_stock_lights.php