Light-O-Rama Forums

Trimming and fading a song out

Softball Shawn

I have a song that is a bit too long and at about the midway point of the song there is a perfect spot to fade out and end. I have it programmed past where I want to end it. Can you highlight a portion that is already programmed to fade out/dim down? I can obviously do it manually by varying the intensity of each individual box, but I was hoping there would be an easier way.

I'd suggest you use a audio editing program to clip the music/fade out then use the modified audio file in LOR.

I have a song that is a bit too long and at about the midway point of the song there is a perfect spot to fade out and end. I have it programmed past where I want to end it. Can you highlight a portion that is already programmed to fade out/dim down? I can obviously do it manually by varying the intensity of each individual box, but I was hoping there would be an easier way.

Yes - there is an easier way.

Select all the channels you want to fade, beginning with where you want the fade to start and where you want it to end. Go to the tool bar and press the foreground button. Then press the fade down button. Then press enter.

Mission accomplished. Make sure you go back and toggle the foreground button off immediately after completing the fade, lest it cause unexpected things to happen while you're trying to sequence.

Select all the channels you want to fade, beginning with where you want the fade to start and where you want it to end. Go to the tool bar and press the foreground button. Then press the fade down button. Then press enter.

This will make all those channels fade from 100% to off. In many cases, this is not what you want. For instance, if I have a channel that is at 50% for most of the song, I'll want it to fade from 50% to off in the last part, but using the foreground fade down tool in this manner will cause it to jump to 100% at the start of the fade. I would have to fix that channel manually, which may not be a big deal, but it would be nice to have a tool to deal with all channels.

A few years ago, I asked for that feature in this topic.

• Like 1

This will make all those channels fade from 100% to off. In many cases, this is not what you want. For instance, if I have a channel that is at 50% for most of the song, I'll want it to fade from 50% to off in the last part, but using the foreground fade down tool in this manner will cause it to jump to 100% at the start of the fade. I would have to fix that channel manually, which may not be a big deal, but it would be nice to have a tool to deal with all channels.

A few years ago, I asked for that feature in this topic.

I also asked for this feature some time ago.  Not only a fade down, but just an overall adjustment - like when everything needs to be adjusted slightly up or down by a fixed percentage no matter what is in the cells.   I'm finding that switching to LEDs that many of my Incandescent fades/levels just get lost.    Great point Steven!

As far as the song itself, trimming or editing  I use Audacity (free, and used for doing 128 CBR (Constant Bite Rate)) for songs use in LOR.

Here's an edit I did of the "Selfie" song

Kocked her (gawd she's bad) words off the song, NOW, it's a great dance song

MY VERSON

ORIGINAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdemFfbS5H0#t=65

Greg

Edited by a31ford