Light-O-Rama Forums

Mad grab sale. what a disappointment!

us66lor

Not happy at all with the way this sale works. I had the items in the cart in less than a minute and the total was showing for everything during checkout, had credit card information in and everything and on the last page it cancelled items. I thought if you had them  that far you should be good. Nice job, you lost a $700 sale that had only $300 of sale items on it. I'm calling foul on this one.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaulXmas

• LOR Staff

• George Simmons

• MikeERWNC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For as long as I recall (2005) the Secret/Spring/Mad Grab sale has *always* gone quickly. 

Stay tuned for LOR's Summer Sale. Unlimited quantities of product is available during that sale.

http://store.lightorama.com/secretsale.html ->

VERY IMPORTANT: Our Online Store does not remove an item from inventory until you check out. For example, if there is only one CCR remaining in inventory 10 people can put that CCR into their shopping cart but only the first one to checkout, will get the CCR! 

ITEMS WILL SELLOUT QUICKLY:  Last year we averaged one order per second for the first 5 minutes so things go fast! The PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETE and the Cosmic Color Ribbon were the fastest sellers. They only remained in stock for about 5 minutes so if you plan to try and get them, act fast! We have more of those two items this year but we still expect them to sell out fast!

Remember, If you do not get what you want during the Spring Sale, you will be able to get it during the Summer Sale. Prices will be a little higher BUT there will be unlimited quantities of stock. If you plan to grab something during the sale, Good Luck!

Sorry you missed out.  The summer sale is right around the corner.

I understand the frustration. I was alittle slow last year and missed out. This year I completed my entire order and checkout in under a minute.

Like was said above there is always the summer sale.

Nice job, you lost a $700 sale that had only $300 of sale items on it. I'm calling foul on this one.

Looks like the mistake you made was including non sale items....probably slowed you down just enough to lose out....just my 2 cents!

Amen us66lor!.  Will work with a different vendor who can provide the same merchandise.  Doesnt matter to me if costs a little more to get it from them either. 

Like Don & DevMike said you will get another chance during the summer sale with unlimited stock.  When it comes to the March Grab Sale the Rolling Stones says it best "You can't always get what you want". Just hang in there.

And it begins, I love popcorn

post-124-0-35589700-1396537984_thumb.jpg

As stated in previous posts, there is lots of inventory available during the summer sale.

Cheers

Daryl B.

I just want to thank Light-O-Rama! :rolleyes:

This was my first Mad Grab.

I wish I knew about it last year...

My wife and I participated, we found it to be fun.

You were warned up front that things would go quickly.

If you decide to do it again in the future, you maybe try some practice weeks ahead of schedule.

A few hours each night placing items in the basket and entering credit card info, might get you up to par.

Also, Paypal may process the payment quicker than you entering in all those credit card numbers.

It is too bad that your keyboard doesn't have the big number keys like your Jitterbug phone so you can see them faster. :D

Not sure you should frown on LOR because you had a PICNIC Error last night.

Problem In Chair Not In Computer. :lol:

OK... I will stop. This was meant to be funny. I apologize if I offended anyone. (Not really. But to be PC)

But Truly, Thanks LOR. It made for a fun evening.

Edited by MikeERWNC

Paypal is the way to go. In the past I had missed out on CCR's because they were sold out by the time I finished entering everything like CC number, billing address and shipping address. For me my billing and shipping do not match. With Paypal last night and with putting a non sale item in to calculate shipping to my address it really sped things up.

Yes, Totally happy and a big THANK YOU to Light-O-Rama for once again doing this Mad Grab sale! Had a great time last night as I have every year doing it.

Al

Got what I wanted, first time @ grab sale.  I used paypal, I think it made a difference.

Not happy at all with the way this sale works. I had the items in the cart in less than a minute and the total was showing for everything during checkout, had credit card information in and everything and on the last page it cancelled items. I thought if you had them  that far you should be good. Nice job, you lost a $700 sale that had only $300 of sale items on it. I'm calling foul on this one.

QUOTE :

VERY IMPORTANT: Our Online Store does not remove an item from inventory until you check out. For example, if there is only one CCR remaining in inventory 10 people can put that CCR into their shopping cart but only the first one to checkout, will get the CCR!

ITEMS WILL SELLOUT QUICKLY:  Last year we averaged one order per second for the first 5 minutes so things go fast! The PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETE and the Cosmic Color Ribbon were the fastest sellers. They only remained in stock for about 5 minutes so if you plan to try and get them, act fast! We have more of those two items this year but we still expect them to sell out fast!

Remember, If you do not get what you want during the Spring Sale, you will be able to get it during the Summer Sale. Prices will be a little higher BUT there will be unlimited quantities of stock. If you plan to grab something during the sale, Good Luck!

I really beleived with controllers being still availible this morning there would not be any whiners....

LOR really stepped up and had controllers there for the taking for 12 hours.

Got what I allowed myself (I wanted a bunch of stuff but didn't need anything).

Thanks for a great sale LOR!!!

I had my order of another LOR1602Wg3, another CCR and the Red USB connector (in cart B4 sale) and with Paypal checked out in less than 3-4 minutes. Then kept checking all night until about 10:15pm. Got up this morning and noticed the 1602Wg3's were still available. My wife had given me a $500 shopping spree as an early birthday present that I used up last night. She then says this morning "do you want to get another controller?" Umm...YEAH! So got to work this morning and ordered another then checked around 12:15 and sale was over and everything sold out.

Thank You LOR for a great sale! You Rock!!

Your first forum post and you start off by badmouthing the company over things they spelt out as clearly as is humanly possible. Hmmmm...

Amen us66lor!.  Will work with a different vendor who can provide the same merchandise.  Doesnt matter to me if costs a little more to get it from them either.

If it doesn't matter to you whether you pay more, then where's your beef? Why bother with the sale in the first place?

I really beleived with controllers being still availible this morning there would not be any whiners....

LOR really stepped up and had controllers there for the taking for 12 hours.

Got what I allowed myself (I wanted a bunch of stuff but didn't need anything).

Thanks for a great sale LOR!!!

No whiners? C'mon Paul - what would a Mad Grab Sale be without whiners? I'm only disappointed that I missed the over/under so badly in the office whiner pool this year.

This was my first time participating in the Mad Grab Sale since I got into LOR about April/May last year.  I got everything I went for last night. I debated about using PayPal so went for the CC instead.  I ordered something not on the sale (something I could use but not necessarily something I badly needed), filled out all the info during check out, then when the sale started I added the items to the cart and processed quickly.  My total time according the email confirmation was 1min 15 secs.  I have to say that was a fun adrenaline rush to see if I got them. I got a couple of new things I haven't worked with before so when they get here and after playing with them and I like them, I'll definitely be looking forward to the Summer Sale and won't have to worry about availability.

Al- I had to laugh at your comment because when I told my wife this morning what I had spent and she realized how much I saved, she asked me why I didn't get another controller.  Wish she was home last night.

Happy Lighting Everyone!

I've bought LOR Products for 4 years now and have gotten everything I have wanted to order during every mad grab sale. Read the rules carefully and there shouldn't be a problem. This sale was the easiest by far than the past few years. Items were still available the last time I checked at 9:30 last night. 

Ok here comes another whiner

I'm in the uk so got up at 2 am to participate. Checked out in under 2 minutes with 3 controllers but couldn't get back to sleep through excitement. Got up this morning only to find items still for sale meaning I could have had a full nights sleep. However I just couldn't resist so I bought another one. Well done LOR I love the thrill of the chase and your customer service is second to none as I have already had an email about delivery. Who can complain about this?

For the most part, it was less of a "Mad Grab" sale and more of a "Saunter through the website and add controllers at your leisure" sale... :P

Thanks LOR for the early B-day/Father's Day gifts!

The only way I would whine if lor never does a mad grab sale again. The other guys need to get over it and wait until the summer sale. You will be able to order what you need then