Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixels & cutting/extending the wires

gwallman1

I'd like to add RGB to my display. Looking at the CCPixels which come as two 25-foot long strands of 50 pixels each. If I have multiple roof lines, each less than 25 feet long, I should be able to cut the wires and solder in additional wiring to lengthen the gap between bulbs, right? It is either that or waste multiple sections of the strand to wrap around trim, stretch the line between sections, etc (because I would never turn on the lights in those areas).

Thanks in advance. I just want to be sure I don't buy a few sets, then immediately ruin them by cutting the wires.

How long between sections?  The distance between sections and the gauge of wire you use to connect them can be important.

The gauge of wire I'd just match up to whatever they come as.

As for the gaps, there would be a few different breaks.  One string would need a 12 1/2 foot break, another string just under 4 feet, another one about 10 feet, and the last string wouldn't need a break in the middle of the lights but would need a big jump between the controller and the first bulb of about 12 feet.

I cut my CCB stings and added 25 foot extensions in the middle. They are working fine, but George is correct - warranty is void.

• The topic was locked