Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation ?

Jerry

I have been using LOR 294 for several years now. This year I have made changes to the locations of my props . I have drawn these changes into the animation window in my newest musical sequence. My question is , how do I import this new drawing into my musical sequences from previous years ?  Thanks

Thanks djr, I wasn't sure if the animation drawing was stored in a file of it's own somewhere or not..

• 4 months later...

Just make sure your new sequences channels MATCH up with the old ones, otherwise, you'll have a bigger mess to sort out.   So if you've added new items and your old sequence channel and controllers are still the same, but you just renamed channel id info, you'll be fine, but if you MOVED any of your channels to different locations or tracks, and your old sequence did not use them, it can be quite a headache to fix, especially if you just imported the new channel config file and saved it, before saving mine, I always re-ran the sequence and watched to make sure the animations are correct.  If not, you can move them around or correct them BEFORE making the save, as once the sequence gets saved, you WILL NOT be able to use the UNDO option to undo what you did.   Hopefully you will still have the "original backup {.bak} file to rename to the .lms, and try again to get things in their correct position.

It sounds simple to just create a new animation and import it using the import channel config, but if you've added new channels, renamed channel ID's and Controllers, it can get quite tedious to correct if not caught before saving the sequence with the new settings!

If you did add new channels, make sure they are at the bottom, if using tracks, make sure any new channels added are also at the bottom of the track as well.  Will be less likely to cause you stress trying to figure out how you made such a mess of the sequence, and how to correct it, if you don't!