Light-O-Rama Forums

2 Questions

RaceMedic

Hello Everyone ....

I am BRAND new to using the SS software and I have two questions ... sorry if they are stupid but I am trying to learn as much as i can on my own.

1.  I am getting an error message when trying to add an audio file .. THE AUDIO FILE SAMPLING RATE IS 48000.  AN AUDIO FILE WITH THE STANDARD SAMPLING RATE OF 44,100 IS REQUIRED.

I have used this audio file for 2 year in LOR with no problems.

2.  I am doing a globe on top of a pixel tree .. so for SS I will just do a matrix .. is there a way of adding it to the tree so both are being sequences at the same time or do they have to be done separately .. I see some who have a star on top of a tree !

Thank-you in advance !

Dave

You have to convert it   use Audacity I have to do it to a lot of songs change the bit rate

In SuperStar, go to file and then open, and select samples, you can find a pixel tree with globe there. I think that is what you are looking for.

Thank-you ... I hadn't even seen the samples before !

James ... change the bit rate to what though .. all my songs are 128 constant bit rate .. including my other songs that open up fine is SS .. that is what confused me !

Dave

128 refers to how wide each "word" of data is. Sampling rate refers to how many "words" per second the song was recorded at. Use Audacity and you can resample the song at the slower 44.1 (44100) rate and resave it.

Remember if you use the sample, you have to reconfigure the channels to suit your needs. Open the sample in the visualizer and configure your channels, then you can import it into SuperStar. 

• 3 weeks later...

128 refers to how wide each "word" of data is. Sampling rate refers to how many "words" per second the song was recorded at. Use Audacity and you can resample the song at the slower 44.1 (44100) rate and resave it.

Will this effect the timing on the rest of the LOR sequence ( I used this song last year ) ?!