Light-O-Rama Forums

Outside sign

Christmas_time_karl_UK

I want to make a display sign outside for radio/website display and which charity were collecting for this year...I want to print it off pc but am worried about the rain...anyway of sealing it. ALL IDEAS WELCOME!

Last year I covered the sign with strips of clear mailing tape. It worked great. This year I am going to have the signs laminated. That should work even better.

I made a new sign this year from a combination of Peg Board and Styofoam. I needed to get a jump on Halloween next year so . I just finished the sign today and added a night time picture of the sign. The general idea is that the pegboard handles the light and the stryofoam handles the light holder. I think it looks like a big light bright. I mounted the stryofoam to the pegboard (bolts), added a frame with legs and now I have a lite sign that I can control netter then the printed sign with a flood light.

Attached files 143486=8504-Copy of HPIM7269.JPG

Christmas_time_karl_UK wrote:

I want to make a display sign outside for radio/website display and which charity were collecting for this year...I want to print it off pc but am worried about the rain...anyway of sealing it. ALL IDEAS WELCOME!

We use one of those plastic laminator devices that you can get in any big office supply store. We print the sign on our printer and then laminate it and glue it to wood.

We designed the sign in Photoshop, then had vinyl made.. Wrapped it on a piece of OSB, stapled it. Then drove in two 1/2 rebar rods and used conduit straps to hold sign to rebar...

Only wish I'd made it with bigger letters...

Actually had two made, 4'x4' and had to rush the order.. with shipping was about $160 total... FYI --- Raj @ xldigital.com in Dallas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked