Light-O-Rama Forums

When do you plan to launch your Christmas show this year??

melwelch

Well, beings I'm only about 30% set up, who knows...

Targeting Dec 1. Maybe even Nov 30, since that's a Friday... But Thanksgiving is going to take a lot of time away from display matters for me...

-Tim

Tonight is my test run of the scheduler/show. If it is running when I get home at 5:30, everything is ready, the rest is just polishing off and adding my last 16 channels if I hae time/weather permitting.

Jerry

I scheduled a vacation: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday before Thanksgiving. (When I told people at work why I was taking vacation they thougth I was nuts). I will be spending most of the next five days hanging lights and arranging extension cords. I hope to be testing on Wednesday night. I'll have to avoid questions about everything on Thanksgiving; with the exception of my sister, my family has no idea what I'm planning). I hope to "hit the switch" on Friday night (Nov 23).

My wife is planning a big "Light-Up" party on Dec 1st. I hope I have everything ready to go. Just got the wires up that will support my mega trees today, and hope to start getting the lights up tomorrow. The pressure is on!

D.T.

november 23 at 6:30pm...people all around town are asking me, my parents, my fiancee AND kids when the lights are going on...i guess people saw me out there for 2 weeks putting the stuff up and dont know the date...im almost afraid of the crowd i might get that night lol

I am planning on "First Light" Saturday night the 24th -- weather cooperating. No fun putting up lights in the rain.

• 1 year later...

I'm shooting for Fri after Thanksgiving. Guess I should get some lights up. Working behind the scenes now. Work is slow so I get a few days to use all day to hang lights. Wish me luck.

Will do a static display on the 27th and full show on the 28th.

Need to modify the Coca Cola song (The Holidays a Coming) to (The power bills a coming)