Light-O-Rama Forums
davensj

TSO Christmas Canon 16 CCR's

50 puts you at 16 feet and then a star on top or globe maybe close to 20 feet. My tree is 84 flat nodes in a 20 foot section. They are tight and close so animation or pictures turn out really good. In person looks so much better than video. I have the camera for this years show already and shooting in fireworks mode worked well.

Jeff

Dave your tree with choir singing, violin breezing through. Incredible. Jeff just pulled Jesus out. That was amazing. The detail in the flag, Amazing! I have a ton of questions, if you guys don't mind. Were all the pixels running off one laptop? Its so expensive to buy all these pixels from LOR and then the software licenses, do you have a solution to cut the costs? Im assuming SS is the king of programming pixels for Christmas, is there a better program? or is it combining SS with another software that is making these so spectacular? I am on my 2nd year with upgrade this year to 48 channels and a servodog, I want to add pixels but really need answers before I add this in. Thank you for reading this. Tony. 

I ran the show on one computer using LOR. Using the DIY approach with flat nodes on emt pipe. LOR makes a great product but could not afford to do all I wanted to so took another route. SS is a great program but I never took the time to learn it. Bought a few sequences and used Nutcracker with any Ideas I had. The flag was a gif I pulled off the net and resized it in paint. The picture of Jesus was a jpeg that I also resized to fit the tree. Those two items were the biggest hit in my show last year.

Hoping the new software from LOR will make my life easier but we will see. If I can help any way just PM me.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Signpro, thanks for the info.  It's a small world, LOL.   That's actually my buddy Chris.  We've been working together.  I've been helping him create CCR sequences.  I do appreciate you looking out :-D

You do this so well, how about a short tutorial video on animation?

Hi JerryMac!  Oh I'm terrible at tutorials, haha.  After I'm done with the few sequences, I can try to create one.  If anything you'll at least get a good laugh haha :-)

Bet you are a pro just like Andy ....... Hey BTW its been a couple days so almost show and tell time. Jeff Challenge got a little rough.. LOL...

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Messer

LOL, hi Jeff!

This one is a challenge.  I made several scenes but started them over thinking I could do better.  I'll send you what I have for right now, but it's not complete.  I'm guessing it'll be complete tonight after I improve it.  I'm currently redoing some scenes and adding new scenes ;-)

Great looking forward to see what you were able to do with it..

Jeff

I'm still very much a newbie even though I've got two years behind me now. I'm impressed! May I suggest that you and Brian get together and come up with a way of importing, creating or designing effects within SS for the rest of us who aren't as talented as you obviously are. Brian makes SS happen as its his code which was hard enough but your effects are amazing. Put the two together!!! Possibly there's some financial incentive there as well. Now if we could get LOR to lower the prices on CCR's we'd all be doing better. I'm doing a pixel tree this next season and truly, I need to get busy doing the sequencing. Wish I had your capabilities.

LOL Doug, you're kind to say I'm talented. I appreciate that. Really it's just something fun to do and I love to animate. If there's an opportunity to create something even more awesome with Brian, it would be an honor :-D

Oh I forgot to mention... If Brian or Sean could make SuperStar and Nutcracker software work together, I believe I could make something really good. Just my thoughts :-)

Hi Dave

Also a great sequence.  I know I keep repeating myself how great you are at this but it is true!

Rich

And the 12 CCR sequence version :-)