Light-O-Rama Forums

TSO Christmas Canon 16 CCR's

davensj

Robo,

Great.. Here are a few of my video clip. https://vimeo.com/user5606489/videos  Number 41 you will see the flag at the start and almost at the very end you will see a picture of Jesus go across the pixel tree twice when he sings His Truth is marching on. My pixel tree is 16x84....

LOL Dave.. I know you have the talent to make that pixel tree come to life. Animation is your gig and your doing great work with it. Keep up the hard work and I cant wait to see what you have in store for us.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Messer

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davensj

• Jeff Messer

• robo

• Daryl Hurd

Haha Jeff you flatter me. I do appreciate the compliment. It's really all in fun. Plus you make my challenges interesting :-D

Edited by davensj

Wow you two do amazing stuff! The flag and Jesus are unbelievable. BTW Whats the common count of a CCR ribbon 50ct, 100ct? Trying to decide if I should buy the sequence on eBay.

All I can say is WOW! I plan to do 2 of these trees this year with the ws2811"s like Jeff.  I will gladly purchase sequences from you! That was amazing. I hope Jeff will help me in the future getting it set up for the j1sys card. Beautiful absolutely beautiful.            Chris

I am not the smart guy here. If I don't know the answer I can send you in a direction to get the right answers. I hope to pull off a new show this year and several strings of lights will be replaced with pixels. The 5- 10 foot trees will be pixels this year. The Nativity Scene will be fully pixel to brighten them up and add color to it. One day the roof and mega tree will be pixels but I need some deep pockets for that year.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Jeff

50 puts you at 16 feet and then a star on top or globe maybe close to 20 feet. My tree is 84 flat nodes in a 20 foot section. They are tight and close so animation or pictures turn out really good. In person looks so much better than video. I have the camera for this years show already and shooting in fireworks mode worked well.

Jeff

Dave your tree with choir singing, violin breezing through. Incredible. Jeff just pulled Jesus out. That was amazing. The detail in the flag, Amazing! I have a ton of questions, if you guys don't mind. Were all the pixels running off one laptop? Its so expensive to buy all these pixels from LOR and then the software licenses, do you have a solution to cut the costs? Im assuming SS is the king of programming pixels for Christmas, is there a better program? or is it combining SS with another software that is making these so spectacular? I am on my 2nd year with upgrade this year to 48 channels and a servodog, I want to add pixels but really need answers before I add this in. Thank you for reading this. Tony. 

I ran the show on one computer using LOR. Using the DIY approach with flat nodes on emt pipe. LOR makes a great product but could not afford to do all I wanted to so took another route. SS is a great program but I never took the time to learn it. Bought a few sequences and used Nutcracker with any Ideas I had. The flag was a gif I pulled off the net and resized it in paint. The picture of Jesus was a jpeg that I also resized to fit the tree. Those two items were the biggest hit in my show last year.

Hoping the new software from LOR will make my life easier but we will see. If I can help any way just PM me.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Signpro, thanks for the info.  It's a small world, LOL.   That's actually my buddy Chris.  We've been working together.  I've been helping him create CCR sequences.  I do appreciate you looking out :-D

Hi JerryMac!  Oh I'm terrible at tutorials, haha.  After I'm done with the few sequences, I can try to create one.  If anything you'll at least get a good laugh haha :-)

Bet you are a pro just like Andy ....... Hey BTW its been a couple days so almost show and tell time. Jeff Challenge got a little rough.. LOL...

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Messer

LOL, hi Jeff!

This one is a challenge.  I made several scenes but started them over thinking I could do better.  I'll send you what I have for right now, but it's not complete.  I'm guessing it'll be complete tonight after I improve it.  I'm currently redoing some scenes and adding new scenes ;-)

I'm still very much a newbie even though I've got two years behind me now. I'm impressed! May I suggest that you and Brian get together and come up with a way of importing, creating or designing effects within SS for the rest of us who aren't as talented as you obviously are. Brian makes SS happen as its his code which was hard enough but your effects are amazing. Put the two together!!! Possibly there's some financial incentive there as well. Now if we could get LOR to lower the prices on CCR's we'd all be doing better. I'm doing a pixel tree this next season and truly, I need to get busy doing the sequencing. Wish I had your capabilities.

LOL Doug, you're kind to say I'm talented. I appreciate that. Really it's just something fun to do and I love to animate. If there's an opportunity to create something even more awesome with Brian, it would be an honor :-D

Oh I forgot to mention... If Brian or Sean could make SuperStar and Nutcracker software work together, I believe I could make something really good. Just my thoughts :-)