Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB lights

Steelers95

This is going to be my second year using light o rama to control my Christmas lights and I want to add leaping arches to my display. Im thinking about using the cosmic color pixels to construct two arches but Im not sure how long each string of 50 pixels is. Does anyone know the length of one string or have any suggestions on how to go about using the rgb lights. I am also thinking about buying a whole house fm transmitter but am not sure on which kind to buy, does anyone have any suggestions.

I am also thinking about buying a whole house fm transmitter but am not sure on which kind to buy, does anyone have any suggestions.

Do yourself a HUGE favor and avoid the Whole Room transmitters - all models. There are so many better options - some at about half the cost of the Whole Room models. (Actually EVERYTHING's a better option, including tin cans on a string.) Here's an excellent alternative, and the transmitted signal will even reach the street. These can often be had for around 60 bucks plus shipping. Make sure that the vendor you buy them from includes all the attachments, especially the power supply, as shown in the link posted below.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00APST86E/ref=pe_226320_29965270_email_1p_3_ti

Do yourself a HUGE favor and avoid the Whole Room transmitters - all models. There are so many better options - some at about half the cost of the Whole Room models. (Actually EVERYTHING's a better option, including tin cans on a string.) Here's an excellent alternative, and the transmitted signal will even reach the street. These can often be had for around 60 bucks plus shipping. Make sure that the vendor you buy them from includes all the attachments, especially the power supply, as shown in the link posted below.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00APST86E/ref=pe_226320_29965270_email_1p_3_ti

I giggle...George called it a whole ROOM transmitter, and dare I say, was not a slip up... 

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Whole House Transmitter 2.  In Canada we can adjust the length of the antenna so I can transmit for almost a city block.  I understand that there are better transmitters out there but the Whole House works well for me.

I have one I got three years ago.. for the first year it worked fine.  Don't know why but after that it would not work all the way to the street..  I flicked the secret switch, had a very long antenna.. everything the same as the first year, but much shorter range..

Put it in storage where it stays like a good dog..  :P