Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Light Contest 2013

wbaker4

Good news is, I am still way behind on my programming for this year, so I will be able to see what you like, and then incorporate to give me a chance of winning next year.

Have a fun weekend Dan, maybe next year when people submit they can have the option of donating pots of coffee to the judges, sounds like you are going to need a few.

Okay, now you REALLY got my anticipation up, Dan! I keep hearing the ketchup song from the 70's.....anticipa-a-tion.  Did you mean next weekend from last week or this weekend from every time I check back. LOL. Just breakin' your ornaments, Dan....but I really am checking back...........just refreshed the page mid post in case I missed it......ok, I will shut up now.

• Like 1

I'm sure he is going to post last year's winners very soon as I'm sure he wants to post this year's request for videos and can't really do it until he closes out last year.

The winners names have been posted... Congratulations to everyone!

Who won the Shining Bright Contest for 2013?

Category 1:  Raymond Fassett of Livermore, California, USA (look for video 140)
Category 2:  Mike Ciske of Cedar Grove, Wisconsin, USA (look for video 50)
Category 3:  Bryan Bartlett of Ellicott City, Maryland, USA (look for video 252)
Category 4:  Chip Hranicky of Acworth, Georgia, USA (look for video 344)
Category 5:  Darren Huffty of Jacksonville, Florida, USA (look for video 357)
Category 6:  Jeffrey Lunn of Ayr, Queensland, Australia (look for video 136)
Category 7: Dustin Fluke of Topeka, Kansas, USA (see video 395)
Grand Prize: Jerald Nantze of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA (see video 259)

Does anyone remember what the criteria for each category was? I can't find that email anywhere.

I want to focus on the winning video in my cetegory, but from what I can see these guys all have WAY more channels than me.

Maybe I just have to convince the wife to let me spend more money so I can compete :D

Edited by FireBug

If I remember right,

Cat 1 was static

2 was up to 32 channels

3 was 128 I think

4?

5 unlimited

6 international

7 commercial

something like that anyway...

Thanks Brian,

That's about what I remember as well.  The thing is the winner of Cat 2 has by my count 36 channels not includding the 3 megga trees. Maybe it's just me being used to the metric system up here, I don't count the same as them folk in Cedar Grove.

Still nice video's all of them, and I am now more motivated than ever to get bigger.

Must win Christmas :)

I keep seeing a lot of good people being shut down because their displays become popular, and yet the Grand Prize winner apparently has their whole neighborhood in on the effort.   Nice Job!   The arial footage was incredible.

Congratulations to all the winners, and Kudos to all the others who competed.