Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Question - sharing sequences

Guest guest

Hi all,
I have my 16 channel LOR on the way and cannot wait to start playing with it. With posted shipping delays I am hoping to see it by mid Dec. From what I have read it looks like it can be very time consuming setting up in the sequences with music. Has anyone suggested a place where more experienced users can possibly post sequences/presentations/songs for other to use and learn from. I think that would be a great idea. Listing them by number of channels, and song name etc. I know most of you have some great and custom light displays. I was thinking just a few examples for 8 and 16 channel controlers. Just a thought.

flanman

Stephan of Quebec has a site: http://www.lamagiedenoel.ca/Lightorama/lightorama.htm
that has several LOR sequences. Looking at (and playing with) other people's sequences is a great way to start using the software. And, don't limit yourself to checking out examples with 8 or 16 channels. You can modify sequences that have 32 or more channels to work with your configuration.

(I think my job here at PC is posting the URL for that sequence page. At least I know what my skill base is!! :) )

Margie

Flanman,

As you read this you could of had some 16 channel sequences, but you blocked your email..............I tried!

I will be more that welcome to share, on these terms:

1) You have to share with others (Preferably your own work) when you read a post like yours.

2) You will have to purchase the songs yourself (like from Napster), you will need something to rip the music to MP3 format (Media Player 10)

3) What does FLANMAN mean?, and what state does he live in? put it in your profile, someone else whom may need help or can offer may live in the next town....Don't limit yourself.

Again, I am more than happy to share MY work, my lighting layout, and the specific music.......but I don't know if Santa knows your E-Mail address.

Hi all,

Thanks for the great support. Sorry I just singed up for the forum today. I now have my email address available. Did not mean to be rude. Anyone willing to share will be greatly appreciated, and I will be more than happy to assist others once I have learned how to use the software.

I have another question. While I am waiting for my delivery, if I create some stuff with the demo version of the sofware can I open them with the full version of software that I also purchased.

flanman (nickname I have had since I was a kid) Last name Flanagan :)

Dear Santa,

My email is listed... if you find the time...could you send me a present also??

(I have been very good all year!)

:)

P.S. thank you for the help...and good to see you on the new board Marty!

flanman wrote:

While I am waiting for my delivery, if I create some stuff with the demo version of the sofware can I open them with the full version of software that I also purchased.

Yes -- the sequence editor demo does everything except actually control the lights.

-Tim

ok dumb question time...

i cant get the music sequence that i created to show up in the program, i can find it, but it wont transfer over from the sequence editor? any suggestions, i'm not quite sure how to run the software so maybe somone could direct me on how to do this, i tried the help file, but i still cant figure out how it all works, sorry im new at this!

oh and yes buy many extension cords! you can never have enough

joshuashu wrote:

i cant get the music sequence that i created to show up in the program, i can find it, but it wont transfer over from the sequence editor? any suggestions,

I am a little confussed by your question. After you create a squence you must then create a show with the SHOW EDITOR by adding musical and animation sequences. Then use the LOR SCHEDULE.

Hope I answered your question.

I really hate to be a mooch but I am also in flanman's situation. I just ordered my first 16chan LOR and am doing all I can to wait until it arrives. If anybody would be willing to send sequences this way I'd be loving it. I will do as other suggest and return the favor down the road when I figure this stuff out :)

THANKS!!
Eric (who got a late start but has 5 C9 strings and 15 minis out as of tonight! More in the works)

I've been scanning the messages briefly every day but haven't had much time to participate. Hopefully now that things are up and running it will be different. BTW, if you want to see just a small portion of what LOR will do check out this news video link (Courtesy of Brad M): http://christmas.iodbbs.com/movies/Christmas_Utah-KSTU-20051125.avi

RickWilliams wrote

Terry, I called Santa and he said he didn't have your Email in his profile, you must have been bad!

I missed it!!!
The little checkbox at the bottom of your profile that says "allow others to see...."
I guess I was bad..... unintentionally!! LOL!

"Please Santa, I can explain!!":shock:

terrypowerz wrote:

RickWilliams wrote

Terry, I called Santa and he said he didn't have your Email in his profile, you must have been bad!

I missed it!!!
The little checkbox at the bottom of your profile that says "allow others to see...."
I guess I was bad..... unintentionally!! LOL!

"Please Santa, I can explain!!":shock:

This board has a nice Private Messaging feature. You don't have to know someone's email to contact them -- send them a Private Message. Everyone can configure whether or not they want to get an email whenever a private message has been received.

-Tim