Light-O-Rama Forums
Bill Hoffman

LIGHT UP OHIO 2014 is COMING!

We are happy to announce that Mickey and Minnie Baus, (pronounced like "Mouse" with a "B") from the House called Mickey's House, will be making the long trip from Florida to attend Light Up Ohio 2014.  If you have never seen this spectacular display, here is a link to some true Christmas Magic.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xBC0Ng0suM&list=PLRcpB1TAN7NPfDY6xiiOUujXoUO8InmdK

If you would like to come and meet these extreme decorators personally, be sure to get your registration in before May 16-17.  We still have space available, just go to our registration area at www.lightupohio.com.

Bill

Edited by Bill Hoffman

We are very happy to welcome aboard Reinders and LightKeep Pro as our latest sponsors for Light Up Ohio, and Reinders has great deals for LUO attendees:

Reinders is offering 10% off 2013 pricing, for any order booked by June 30, 2014 - along with Special Pricing on select products and Special Pricing on 2 different models of Snowflakes and some Special Door Prizes, for LUO Attendees Only! 

White Elephant Gift Exchange Update:
We will be having a White Elephant gift exchange after the presentations on Saturday. We were going to do it at the M&G, but there are so many people going to the M&G, it might get kind of chaotic in a restaurant. Plus, having it on Saturday will allow more people to participate, it's a lot of fun!!! If anyone attending wants to get in on it, bring a wrapped gift with you.
Can't wait to see you at Light Up Ohio 2014.

ONLY "1" MORE WEEK UNTIL LIGHT UP OHIO 2014!!!!!!!

We are almost packed to capacity, but we still have a few spots left.  Our famous "Collector T-Shirt" sold much faster than we thought, so we had to have a cut-off date.  But, the T-Shirt shop told us that they could make more after the event, so if anybody still wants one, sign up for it with your registration and I will send it to you after the event.

Registration is still open, so don't miss out.  It's going to be a fun time. Hope to see everyone in Westerville, Ohio on May 16th and 17th.

Bill

WE ARE HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE OUR LATEST SPONSOR "LIGHT-0-RAMA".  THANK YOU MARY AND DAN FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT AND THE GREAT DOOR PRIZES.

WE WILL SEE ALL OF YOU TOMORROW FOR ONE OF THE PREMIER "MINIS" OF THE YEAR IN BEAUTIFUL WESTERVILLE, OH  MAY 16TH-17TH. 

BILL

I'm starting to get my car packed up, can't wait until tomorrow.  Thanks go out to Terry Powers for coming up with the "White Elephant" gift game.  Ever since we did the exchange at one of his events, we've been hooked on it at Light Up Ohio.  This year is no different.  The "White Elephant" is on for Saturday, so go to our site www.lightupohio.com for the rules, and "Do Not" forget your gift, it is a fun game to play, you don't want to miss it. 

See you tomorrow, or Saturday, depending on if you are going to the Friday M&G.

Bill

• Like 1

Now that I am all rested from Light Up Ohio 2014, I would like to Thank a few people.

Light Up Ohio 2014 was a big success, and it was a great time.  First off a big Thank You goes out to all of the attendees, without you guys we could have never pulled it off.  I was really humbled by so many new faces and distances people travelled to mingle with other decorators to share ideas. 

Thanks to the very generous "anonymous" person that paid for our entire M&G, your generosity was deeply appreciated by all. 

To me, the people that do presentations are the backbone of the event.  They volunteer their time to speak on a subject of interest, to help others turn their displays into the best they can be.  I deeply appreciate each and every one of you for taking time out of your busy schedules to bring some clarity to this, sometimes very confusing hobby, we call Holiday Lighting.  A Special "Thank You" goes out to Mickey and Minnie Baus for coming all the way from Florida to share with us your truly Spectacular Display. 

Vendors are the backbone of our hobby, without you guys we would not be able to do the things we do.  A big Thank You goes out to all of the Vendors that supported Light Up Ohio 2014.

Last but not least I would like to Thank all of the organizers.  It is not an easy task to bring this event together, and everybody worked tirelessly to make Light Up Ohio one of the premier "Minis" of the year.  A big "THANK YOU" goes to Joe Erdeljac, Jeff Phillips, Joe Davis, and Laura Davis.  You guys bought this whole thing together without a glitch (or at least not many, lol) and it was a huge success.

Pictures will be on our site in a couple of days, be sure to check them out.  www.lightupohio.com  

Bill

A lot of pictures are now posted on our website for Light Up Ohio 2014.  I'm still adding captions so you will know what is happening. Hopefully more pictures will be added later.  Check them out at www.lightupohio.com.   

Bill