Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR.. All BS aside.. time to answer the questions

plasmadrive

Surfing4dough.....

Why would you quote TWO DIFFERENT conversations talking about this ? THE 2012 THING....  I will PERSONALLY take offence to.

Does that somehow make you better than me or something ? (Hands down that was Ignorant)

I simply know things that you don't, plain and simple, if you don't like it, "deal with it !"

I'm not sure why you'd take offense. I think that you'd agree that if you've been standing in line twice as long as someone else, you've grown far more tired of the wait than they have. I just think that Surf (and others of us), are much less ready to accept the "hard stuff takes time" defense.

• Like 1

We sure did hit the ground running early this year with the negativity. Really!!!!? Part of the name of this thread is "All BS Aside". I see a lot of BS in this thread. I may not have been in this hobby twice as long as most people, but I've been here for awhile. The way I see it, the choice is yours whether you get out of that line mentioned above. If you're that impatient, goodbye, enjoy your new software learning curve.

In my case, my cup is half full. If the software comes out soon, Fantastic. If it doesn't, that's ok too. As I mentioned before, I will stay with LOR software until it will no longer do what I need it to do. Period. I have no inclination to learn a piece of software that was written for software programmers and you need a degree in software to figure the friggin' thing out. I've looked at Hls, LSP, Vixen. Not my cup of tea. the Light-O-Rama software was, IMHO, written for the masses. I would venture a guess that there are still, way more folks using LOR than the others. S3 is rock solid. Yes it needs some polishing up, I'll admit that. The 3 shows that I have ran since I started this, I had zero problems, ZERO.

I would rather wait another 2 or 3 months for a program without a ton of bugs, than to get it next week and have to do updates upon updates to get the kinks worked out. My sequencing this year is ongoing with what I have in front of me now. I'm not waiting for a program update to do my sequencing. When LOR releases it, I'll update, as I always do and continue on. I'll be ahead the folks who are "waiting" to see what the new improvements are, because a lot of my sequencing will be done.

Throw out your "BS" all you want. I'll simply say what I've said to myself with a lot of the posts in this thread, "Whatever. Put on your big girl panties and deal with it"

OK, My rant is over. LOR, I'm with you.

• Like 2

Admin..

I am the OP of this thread and I ask that you please LOCK IT where it is.

• Like 3

Surfing4dough.....

Why would you quote TWO DIFFERENT conversations talking about this ? THE 2012 THING....  I will PERSONALLY take offence to.

Does that somehow make you better than me or something ? (Hands down that was Ignorant)

I simply know things that you don't, plain and simple, if you don't like it, "deal with it !"

I have no idea where you are coming from with this personal rant. Both "conversations" I quoted had to do with this topic (new LOR software).  I think if you re-read my post, it had very little to do with you.In fact, it contained some of your same reasoning.  Nor was it intended to contain any BS.  I stated the fact that this claim of new software coming for managing pixels better started long before just this past few months.  We were told it would come last year.  Now we are told we would hear more details a few weeks ago.  We are all standing in the same line, and I am fine with that, but like the OP, I just want to know approximately how far back are we in line?  (Have you ever stood in line not thinking it was a very long line, and then you finally move ahead in line around a corner and realize you are nowhere near the front and still have a long way to go?)  That is what the frustration is.  We have no idea how long the approximate wait in line is going to be. 2-3 months? 6-9 months? 1-2 years?   Nor do we have any idea what we are even waiting in line for.  Can you imagine waiting 1+ hour in an amusement park line without even knowing what ride you are waiting for?  I doubt it. Especially when you can see that there is no line for the other really cool nearby rides.   If I wasn't "waiting patiently" I would have left the line long ago. 

So no need to take offense.  Nor do I think there is any need to close this thread due to negativity that wasn't even there.  We are all just asking simple reasonable questions that I would think LOR is willing to answer (and even said they would "in a few weeks" in January).  

Edited by Surfing4Dough

I had no intention of offending anyone either. I was just hoping to clarify what I thought was Surf's point. It appears I was on track.

I, too, would like to see this thread stay open, as I intended no ill will. I, too, have tried other software and prefer LOR. And I'm still standing in line as well. I'd just like to know what's coming. I'm sequencing next year's show, which, though not super-fast, is working for me. What I'm more worried about is possible lag in the show when it plays. S3 has been VERY solid for me for the last couple years. Even with a good-sized channel count last year. Without knowing if I can expect the same show performance, I'm getting nervous/anxious and would like to hear if there are improvements in this area.

I have also looked around just to see what was out there. and other then "the big 2 "progrmas that do it all, and one of those are in the middle of a total make over as well. there aren't any right now that I want to deal with. Not that the others aren't good but becauae you really have to do a lot of extra stuff to get what you want done, also the curve for getting the hang of it is way to big. and in the end your kind of in the same boat as we are now so why change.

I know no one is happy about not getting the explanation we think we deserve But Dan does not have to say a thing to us, yet he has twice. it's being worked on, weather it started a year ago or two weeks ago, it's now getting done. from here it's going to take time we all know it, and that is the real choice you have to make, whether or not you want to make that leep of faith with Dan and LOR.

it's simple for me, I have invested years of my time and money and I am not willing to start over agin. I am excited to see what comes next. I will continue to use LOR until it stops working for my needs.

• Like 1

Admin..

I am the OP of this thread and I ask that you please LOCK IT where it is.

And I kindly ask that you do not.

There are a lot of people, myself included, acutely interested in what, if anything, LOR plans to do with the software in the near future.  Dan as already promised an update, and locking this thread serves no real purpose.  If people can't control their own off-topic rants, then deal with them directly.

• Like 2

Man my gears are turning. there are so many sides to this conversation, and I agree this should stay open as Tim says. I think we all want a update we could sink our teeth into, that in turn would shut us all up.

Now Tim and everyone are very right, Dan has said more info is to come, it's just taking a lot longer then we all would like it to.

Hang in there everyone, we will all know in due time.

Sorry, I still want to close it.  It has gotten off track and personal....  Not the intention of my OP.

I suggest perhaps starting another thread for the subject to take a fresh run at it.  

This community never ceases to amaze me. Written media is rough, because you cannot really feel what is meant in most comments.

Stop for a second and think about it. Dan is usually pretty open for the most part. If he is not saying anything, it might be because he CAN'T for specific reasons.

We have all been waiting pretty patiently. It ain't August or September yet, when things are critical for us. We are here in March this time. Before we were in the summer if I remember right.

I agree, we are all pretty anxious about this, because we don't want to have to look in other directions for all the reasons that exist. However watching water boil, isn't going to make it boil faster.

• Like 1

Plasma , I really don't understand . You started the thread calling LOR and Dan to the mat , The thread didn't go how you expected so now you want to remove it ?

I personally hope this thread stays as it has been very informative :)

• Like 1

Plasma , I really don't understand . You started the thread calling LOR and Dan to the mat , The thread didn't go how you expected so now you want to remove it ?

I personally hope this thread stays as it has been very informative :)

I didn't "call Dan to the mat".. I asked Dan a question.. he answered, kind of.....  He came back and commented one more time..Still didn't get my answer completely, but he did respond. 

I have only been asking what is coming related to pixels.. This thread got way off that.. There are now four pages when there should have been four posts... (or there abouts)... 

When it got personal for others, it was too far from the original intent.. so now I ask that it be closed and then someone can start a new thread without the all the baggage of this one.. Pretty simple really..

Not sure how informative this one has been past Dan's original post... As a matter of fact, I am not sure there is any information relative to the OP other than Dan's first comments.  Lots of "what happened in the past", and "how tough it is", and "be patient".. None of that answers my question... So, you are correct, it has not gone completely as I had hoped... and I don't like where it seems to be heading.. so I would like it locked and perhaps someone can start another one with whatever questions they want to ask.  Perhaps the same question.. and hopefully it will stay on track a bit better.  

Always good that start a new when the old fails to bring results..

Sorry, I still want to close it.  It has gotten off track and personal....  Not the intention of my OP.

I suggest perhaps starting another thread for the subject to take a fresh run at it.  

I suggest you grow a pair and realize that sometimes when you start a discussion in public, it doesn't always go the way you envisioned ;)

Furthermore, I think if LOR admins were to lock this thread, it would speak volumes.  They can, of course, feel free to clean it up as they see fit to remove personal attacks and keep it on task.  But this is a very important question that, if avoided, speaks more than any official post could.

Edited by Tim Fischer
  • Like 2

Tim,

Not a matter of growing a pair.. it is a matter of trying to stay on track with a question.  This is very simple really.. No one had made me "Butt Hurt".. I just don't see this thread staying on track.. As an engineer I like to stay on track for simple things.. abstracts not so much... but simple questions.. yeah..

There is a lot of support in this thread for getting the answer to the OP... but there is a lot of other stuff clouding that OP and it's possible out come.  Do I know that for sure.. No.. do I believe that to be the case, yes.

So ask the question again in a new thread.  Not rocket science..  If I were Dan I wouldn't answer in this thread again..  

Edited by plasmadrive