Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR.. All BS aside.. time to answer the questions

plasmadrive

Come on Lady's and Gent's.  LOR's projections and dates haven't exactly been spot on in the past but holding them down to an exact day likely doesn't help foster honest projections.  At least wait until the day after the projection (assuming you disregard the "about") to begin disapointment!  With over 10 years in the software development process I can assure you Stuff ALWAYS happens.

• Like 1

Now I understand why Dan doesn't like to answer these types of questions....  I don't blame him..

Edited by plasmadrive
  • Like 3

I know people are in a rush, but I have no plans to run my Christmas show for another 10 month's, I can wait a while yet.

• Like 1

I started this hobby in early 2005. If I had waited on S2 to come out, which was 'just around the corner', I wouldn't have had a display until at least 2007 (if not later.)

Give them time. I know it's not the answer everyone wants to hear, but having been around these parts since 2005, that's just how it goes. 

How about software that can handle 30k channels!

That's a very good idea.  Wouldn't that be called xLights/Nutcracker ?

Seriously ..  LOR would have to shoot a lot higher than that tho.  Their entire architecture may have to change for this to happen.  Or at least build a compilier for a rearchitected run-time portion.  LOR has amazing reliability and function for most users, and they already charge WAY too much for software extensions related to their CCRs and CCBs.  I think most of us hobbiests would not want to pay for LOR with that kind of capacity.  Those who grow that large might not have a problem with it tho.  As I see it, it's all relative to how big your show gets

I would like to add that software sometimes is the "saving grace" on a company's bottom line (as in the software is WHAT makes the hardware sell, (Ironical that the personal PC is (for the most part) based on Microsoft's software contribution to humanity (whether we like it or not), With that said, IF  I was Dan, I would NOT get into details until the software was ACTUALLY functional, so a light said "2 weeks" (thinking of Arnold/S in the mars movie lol) you know where the mask head comes off....... ANYHOW, it could take 2 or 3 MONTHS before something appears.

The ONE thing I DO KNOW..... IF Dan has spoken, it WILL happen, the only question is when, NOT IF......

Give him time to get them to write it !!!!!!!!

Greg

I haven't commented till now. I try to keep my expectations low so that my disappointment is low or I am amazed if reality is greater than my expectations. True that this is still a hobby per say for the majority of us. Although I think a few that can drop a few thousand in a season to buy up few thousand pixels and controllers to boot. Those people might be on the edge of professionals decorating their small manions. :rolleyes:

Running a couple days longer to reply than expected but I will have some information shortly. Thanks for your patience. 

Dan

Sweet. Thanks Dan. I have full confidence.

Stopped my sequencing today and will wait on the new software to see if it saves me some time. I have a feeling its going to be a great product either way.... Thanks for the heads up Dan....

Jeff

I haven't commented till now. I try to keep my expectations low so that my disappointment is low or I am amazed if reality is greater than my expectations. True that this is still a hobby per say for the majority of us. Although I think a few that can drop a few thousand in a season to buy up few thousand pixels and controllers to boot. Those people might be on the edge of professionals decorating their small manions. :rolleyes:

And I remember when people referred to people using LOR, as professional decorators as well.

I am a LOR user getting ready to make the plunge into Pixels based on the deal going on at Holiday Coro currently, but reading through this post, I am now hesitant because this is a significant investment to do so.  Dont know how long I can wait for an answer and risk missing the pre season sale.  Would love to know if LOR is going to help me keep the faith.

I am a LOR user getting ready to make the plunge into Pixels based on the deal going on at Holiday Coro currently, but reading through this post, I am now hesitant because this is a significant investment to do so.  Dont know how long I can wait for an answer and risk missing the pre season sale.  Would love to know if LOR is going to help me keep the faith.

Unless you're planning on 25 universes, go ahead. I know one person who ran close to 20k channels with no problems. I had a smidge over 6k last year and had zero problems with the software. I will stay with LOR until it just won't do what I need. Until/if that time comes, LOR is my software of choice.

• Like 2