Light-O-Rama Forums

Super star Lic.

Larry Leonhardt

2 ccr 49.95

4 ccr 99.95

8 ccr 199.95

24 ccr 299.95

40 ccr 399.95

But I only need 12 - 14, so I will have to upgrade to the 24 ccr ?

Why is Super Star so expensive? Is it really worth over twice the cost of the Advanced version of S3 compared to say - Nutcracker - which is free?

• Like 1

Well, Super Star is an excellent program. Written by somebody who loves what he does. With support that is so awesome that words can't even describe it.

Why is Super Star so expensive? Is it really worth over twice the cost of the Advanced version of S3 compared to say - Nutcracker - which is free?

Nutcraker does not give you even half of what Superstar does. Nutcracker does not have the instant sequence features.

more expensive than the operating system used   hmmm fishy

and cant even handle as many channels as most other software can hmmm more fishy

sorry but instant sequence is for lazy people LOL

Nutcracker does not have the instant sequence features.

And from what I can ascertain, SS doesn't seem to have half as many useful features as Nutcracker, not the least of which is being able to handle large channel counts with apparent ease. I find myself in complete agreement with John.

Instant Sequence? Really? Surely you jest. For me personally, instant sequence has absolutely zero attraction. I actually consider it to be a joke. I'm sure many people find it preferable to their own sequencing but I'm just not one of those people. I've been sequencing lighting events pretty much continuously for over 6 years now, and I've been sequencing RGB practically since the day LOR's first CCR came out. I've worked with the SS instant sequence option on any number of occasions and I've never seen it create anything even close to what I can do manually.

• Like 4

Nutcracker is amazing .... Went from 3k to 19k channels with 20 songs on two homes . You can sequence your whole show as one model but that's not artistry.

And, for the record, Nutcracker does have the instant sequence option. Load your timings, click a button. Voila.

I don't use it, as I agree with George. Wow, that was hard to type. :) I don't think it produces quality sequences that elicit an emotion from the viewer. I won't claim to be anywhere near the caliber of George, but even I create better sequences than the auto sequencer. Just wanted to point out that the feature does exist.

And from what I can ascertain, SS doesn't seem to have half as many useful features as Nutcracker, not the least of which is being able to handle large channel counts with apparent ease. I find myself in complete agreement with John.

Instant Sequence? Really? Surely you jest. For me personally, instant sequence has absolutely zero attraction. I actually consider it to be a joke. I'm sure many people find it preferable to their own sequencing but I'm just not one of those people. I've been sequencing lighting events pretty much continuously for over 6 years now, and I've been sequencing RGB practically since the day LOR's first CCR came out. I've worked with the SS instant sequence option on any number of occasions and I've never seen it create anything even close to what I can do manually.

Thing that you do not realize is that many of us do not have time time to sit at a computer and spend 40 hours to program one song. People like me also do not have the talent some people do. I have seen some very nice sequences done with the instant sequencer. You all seem to forget that not every fills their displays with RGB lights. If the people that come by and watch my show are happy, and they are, then that is all that matters to me, not the opinion of some one on a computer.

Sorry but SS only supports Cosmic color devices, I can't even do a simple matrix using pixels through it.

Actually yer wrong, SS does RGB as well. It also does standard light strings.

more expensive than the operating system used   hmmm fishy

and cant even handle as many channels as most other software can hmmm more fishy

sorry but instant sequence is for lazy people LOL

No George, SS is for people who actually have a life and cant sit at a computer all day long.

Actually yer wrong, SS does RGB as well. It also does standard light strings.

What I actually ment is that it is more geared to Cosmic color devices, Yes it works on regular channels But for the cost of SS it's not worth it. I'm sorry But I don't need an auto sequencer to me that takes away the diy part of it. I simply want a software that I can do more with RGB like a matrix with video etc...  Currenlty I only have arches and a few straight lines of pixels so they can easily be done right in the Sequence editor without Super Star But in the futuer I plan on adding in a matrix once I find a program I am happy with  I do not have a super star licence because of the cost. I am leaning towards nutcracker because of it's features and what I can do with it plust it's free.

... not every fills their displays with RGB lights. If the people that come by and watch my show are happy, and they are, then that is all that matters to me, not the opinion of some one on a computer.

No George, SS is for people who actually have a life and cant sit at a computer all day long.

How in the world can you walk upright with a chip that big on your shoulder?

Since those comments were posted underneath quotes from me, or mentioned me by name underneath someone else's quote, I presume I'm your target. There's really no need to be so defensive about your sequencing ability, or lack thereof as the case may be. I don't believe I was commenting in any way on any of your work. Nor do I care in the least whether or not you have RGB in your display. I don't know you from Adam. Where do you come off insulting me?

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 2

How in the world can you walk upright with a chip that big on your shoulder?

Since those comments were posted underneath quotes from me, or mentioned me by name underneath someone else's quote, I presume I'm your target. There's really no need to be so defensive about your sequencing ability, or lack thereof as the case may be. I don't believe I was commenting in any way on any of your work. Nor do I care in the least whether or not you have RGB in your display. I don't know you from Adam. Where do you come off insulting me?

That was in fact meant for John, I had so many quotes going on at once i mixed up names. I am in no way trying to insult anyone, But fact is, just because i use SS does not mean I am lazy.

What I actually ment is that it is more geared to Cosmic color devices, Yes it works on regular channels But for the cost of SS it's not worth it. I'm sorry But I don't need an auto sequencer to me that takes away the diy part of it. I simply want a software that I can do more with RGB like a matrix with video etc...  Currenlty I only have arches and a few straight lines of pixels so they can easily be done right in the Sequence editor without Super Star But in the futuer I plan on adding in a matrix once I find a program I am happy with  I do not have a super star licence because of the cost. I am leaning towards nutcracker because of it's features and what I can do with it plust it's free.

Yes it is geared towards the CCR's, you are right on that. I tried messign with nutcracker but never reallly could figure it out. I guess if ya have more experience like you do, then doing the DIY is easier. I am only gonna buy the 2 CCR license, I am hoping by using the SS i can actually learn from it and use it tweak sequences.

Yes it is geared towards the CCR's, you are right on that. I tried messign with nutcracker but never reallly could figure it out. I guess if ya have more experience like you do, then doing the DIY is easier. I am only gonna buy the 2 CCR license, I am hoping by using the SS i can actually learn from it and use it tweak sequences.

So you don't even own SS yet, but carried on like that above?

• Like 4

Nutcraker does not give you even half of what Superstar does. Nutcracker does not have the instant sequence features.

I own SS 24 CCR and am at the point I don't use it at all anymore. You don't always get what you pay for. I can tell you have never tried NC to make a funny post like this. Try it and see for yourself- It won't take hours.

So you don't even own SS yet, but carried on like that above?

+10000 Since I can't hit the like button on more than one post a day.