Light-O-Rama Forums

Best place to order SPT1 & vampire plugs?

jasonb5449

Ive done the math and its cheaper to just buy extension cords, but most people on here like to build them.

That being said last month home depot .com had a good deal on them @ $200 for 1000' sp1 and 50 cents each on plugs.

I didn't even think to look at HD or Lowes online.  That is the best price I've found on wire.  Amazon has some too if you can get it with Prime free shipping.

the plugs come and go with the season (HD). or atleast here in TX the last couple years I've had to wait till late summer to order them online.

I always use http://www.radiant-holidays.com/

Bought from them twice and have had no issues whatsoever. The thing I like about them is when you are buying a 1,000' wire, it comes on a spool, not just a roll. Toss the spool on a spool rack and you never get any kinks or rats nests.

Technically, the CDI presale price is 155, which, while still more expensive, seems like a more plausible price difference between vendors. Gotta shop around!

I used to get mine from 1000bulbs.com - it was cheaper there to buy 250 ft spools which allowed to pull 4 cables at once (4x250ft - $125, 1000 ft $ 146 /127) and this is regular price... Still radiant is cheaper right now...

White cord would blend right in with all the snow.

Snow!? It is 87 degrees here in sunny SoCal!

Rabbits and squirrels tend to leave black and white cords alone, but they sure seem to like munching on the green ones.  I've seen that over and over again through the years.  The only black cord I can remember having to repair was one I chopped with the snow shovel.  On the other hand, I need to repair green ones every year.

I get mine at Lowes They will price match Menards 32 bucks for 250 foot. Iget my plug ends from Christmaslightshom.com

Rabbits and squirrels tend to leave black and white cords alone, but they sure seem to like munching on the green ones.  I've seen that over and over again through the years.  The only black cord I can remember having to repair was one I chopped with the snow shovel.  On the other hand, I need to repair green ones every year.

I myself dont care. I can save myself shipping costs and buy it right from home depot then i will.

I get mine at Lowes They will price match Menards 32 bucks for 250 foot. Iget my plug ends from Christmaslightshom.com

where would I find it at Menards?  since moving here my only option other than overpriced local places is Menards, no Lowes or Home Depot.