Light-O-Rama Forums

Understanding CCBs, can they chase?

ic1480

Thinking of using CCBs to make arches.  25' arches with the controller in the middle of two arches sounds, well, impressive.

My thought here is, 600' viewing distance,  to make four arches,  two on either side of the driveway with three fire sticks, each end and in the middle of the pair of arches.

Am I wacked or is this feasible?   Will the sequencing be astronomical?  Can light linkers handle this kind of sequencing?

Not sure what I am going to light the firesticks with yet, thinking about 6' rigid water pipe with C9 LED lights< real channel burners if not using CCBs here.

6" spacing between pixels might be a little far, but then again that might be the look you want. CCRs are spaced about a 3rd of that as a point of reference.

I have a matrix that uses 3 CCPs. I had to setup a network just for them. I have no experience with ELL.

Sequencing will be long the first time you do a pattern. Complex color changes will add to the time. Once the pattern is completed you only have to copy and paste. Long setup time, no different than regular arch once patterns are complete. Stretch to fit paste option will become your friend.

Take a look at my website. I used 1set of CCPs for the 4 arches. I think mine were either 3 or 4 inch spacing. 25 pixels on each arch. I used PEX tubing but at your distance, that probably won't be feasible. I don't think they will be bright enough. Sequencing for arches is pretty simple. Basically a chase for most sequences, unless you want complex color changes. I suggest Superstar for sequencing in the complex color changes. If my understanding is correct, the ELLs will not work for pixel sequencing because of the speed they use. That statement is just from reading different posts, I have no experience with them.

Thank you for your replies

Ron, you used CCPixels on your arches,  they look great,  I am thinking of using CCBulbs.  The look would be "course" compaired to yours, however my thinking is that due to distance I may get by with it.

From all the research I have done, I believe I will need the highest level of software I can get.  Maybe not Pro. but deffinately the Superstar.  Thank you again.

I read a post somewhere recently that the CCPs are brighter than the Bulbs. I can't make a comment on that because I don't own the bulbs. Whichever you chose, at that distance, I would point them to the front like a point source of light. You might want mount 5 up, 5 down and 5 pointing forward and test the brightness of them. See which configuration is best. I wholly suggest Superstar if you're doing pixels. It just makes sequencing so much easier.

• The topic was locked