Light-O-Rama Forums

"Play" in Sequencer causes "Control Lights" to be unticked

kamahilights

Just building a new server that will run this years show and have 3.10.14 installed on it. Everything was working fine so I duplicated the OS to the second (backup) HDD. Then when I went to test that the DMX was working I noticed that it wouldn't control the lights during a test DMX sequence running into a 27ch controller unless I ticked "Control Lights under the "Play" menu AFTER I had started the sequence. It can be ticked before I hit "Play" but it gets deselected and ONLY controls if I select "Control Lights" when sequence is running. Thinking I and/or LOR had an issue with 3.10.14 I tried it on my edit machine which has 3.10.6 installed on it.

Alas, it is the same! Yet it had been fine a week ago? I even made another test sequence!

I have been thru all the options but it makes no difference.

Currently I only have a DMX controller but will check it with a LOR controller later this week . . .

Any ideas? Here the "Play Menu"

post-361-0-64389700-1389507726_thumb.jpg

You have a network defined for which a dongle does not exist. For example, the regular network may be configured as com3, but no USB-485 is plugged in as com3. Also possible that if no USB dongle has been plugged in, and drivers correctly installed, one required file may not be installed.

Oh, you are so right -klb- thanks so much for that!

I indeed do have LOR setup to use a USB dongle on Com3 - we are back in business after plugging it back in.

Many thanks!