Light-O-Rama Forums

A desperate plea for help

bhays

Would anyone be interested in doing some sequences for hire?

First off, let me say that I absolutely believe in doing everything for myself. If you have noticed any of my posts on the forum, I have build countless display elements for this year including a z-tree, multiple mini-z trees, dmx moving yoke enclosures, a new power distribution panel, giant wreath video screen, fm transmitter setup, tune to sign, etc.

The thing is, I am the director of a fairly large haunted house here in Indiana. This year, the show was more demanding than usual and absorbed all of my time and even more of my creative energy from mid August to Nov 1st. I am mentally drained. Add to that a flu bug that hit me halloween night and I am just now shaking off.

So, here I am, hundreds of hours and several thousands of dollars invested and this show may not happen this season simply due to no time left to sequence. If any of you sequencing veterans would be willing to bail me out, I am more than happy to pay you for your time. I can provide a detailed channel map, audio files, etc. If I could just get 3 - 5 songs for this season, I promise to be a sequencing fool for next year's show.

Either pm or email me at bhays@fearfair.com if you are in a position to help. I hate the position I am in but feel truly helpless at the same time.

Brett

Guest wbottomley

bhays wrote:

Would anyone be interested in doing some sequences for hire?

First off, let me say that I absolutely believe in doing everything for myself. If you have noticed any of my posts on the forum, I have build countless display elements for this year including a z-tree, multiple mini-z trees, dmx moving yoke enclosures, a new power distribution panel, giant wreath video screen, fm transmitter setup, tune to sign, etc.

The thing is, I am the director of a fairly large haunted house here in Indiana. This year, the show was more demanding than usual and absorbed all of my time and even more of my creative energy from mid August to Nov 1st. I am mentally drained. Add to that a flu bug that hit me halloween night and I am just now shaking off.

So, here I am, hundreds of hours and several thousands of dollars invested and this show may not happen this season simply due to no time left to sequence. If any of you sequencing veterans would be willing to bail me out, I am more than happy to pay you for your time. I can provide a detailed channel map, audio files, etc. If I could just get 3 - 5 songs for this season, I promise to be a sequencing fool for next year's show.

Either pm or email me at bhays@fearfair.com if you are in a position to help. I hate the position I am in but feel truly helpless at the same time.

Brett

Here's some sequences you might use....

http://lightoramasequences.com/

I dropped you a reply on PC on this.

Cannot sequence for you, need to get my own show going, but basically I hope you don't get overwhelmed. Take it a song at a time. A verse at a time if you want. You'll get there.

Cheers.

fordsbyjay wrote:

If you had the sequence layed out (like a blank template) that would help alot. I couldn't imagine even trying to make a sequnce without that but then I am a noob.

I have the channels all input and the animation window set up. I am plugging away at it. I have postponed lights on to Dec 1 rather than thanksgiving night and I will have at least a couple songs going...

Here's the channel layout if anyone wants to take a look.

http://www.fearfair.com/temp/christmas/channels2007.lcc